Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Baton Rouge, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NOLA_Mike

May 11, 2013
Colorado
Rumor is that negotiations are underway to place a Tesla Supercharger Site at the Acadian Village Shopping Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I have not seen anything regarding a permit application as of now but am on the look out for that. This is an area that has a "dot" for installation before the end of 2014 so it certainly consistent with Tesla Supercharging Map. It is only rumor at this time.

This location is near the confluence of I-10 (the route into and out of New Orleans) and I-12 (the thru route for major east-west traffic) so it certainly makes sense as a good spot to me.

Here is the location:

Screenshot 2014-07-16 09.15.35.png
Screenshot 2014-07-16 09.14.12.png

More confirmation on the location of the Baton Rouge Supercharger:

http://businessreport.com/section/daily-report/

Despite marketing materials, BRAF says Acadian Village not on the market

HFF, a national real estate firm based in Dallas, is circulating an offering memorandum for the Acadian Village shopping center, Commercial Properties Realty Trust's retail development at the intersection of Perkins Road and South Acadian Thruway. But a spokesman for the Baton Rouge Area Foundation, which owns CPRT, says the 11-month-old shopping center is not on the market. "The Foundation and CPRT are repositioning real estate assets," says BRAF spokesman Mukul Verma. "In doing so, we are getting an indication of the value of the assets. Only after that will we decide which, if any, assets will be sold." The 40-page offering memorandum suggests otherwise. According to the document: "An exceptional opportunity has been created to acquire Acadian Village, a 100% leased, 79,920-square-foot, grocery-anchored retail center located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana." The document goes on to say the property "is being offered free and clear of any existing financing thus allowing investors to capitalize on today's historically low interest rate environment, thereby generating substantial leveraged returns." The document estimates that annual revenues from Acadian Village are around $2 million. The listing agent on the property, Douglas Hazelbaker, declines to comment. The offering memorandum also includes two more interesting tidbits: Lululemon, the trendy women's boutique, is planning to open its second Louisiana location in the shopping center, and Tesla Motor Co. has chosen the shopping center as the site of its only Louisiana supercharger station.

The Offering Memorandum has more juicy tidbits:

- On page 7 it shows a map with the Tesla logo in the northwest corner of the parking lot. Lat/long coordinates are 30.42373N / 91.15462W
- Page 15 has a rent roll showing Tesla paying $9,000/year for 6 charging stations

Last edited:
I'm going to say for South Louisiana (I-10 corridor) that it's Slidell (I-10/I-12/I-59 interchange), Baton Rouge (I-10/I-12 interchange) and Lake Charles. Based on that, I think Mobile area is the next best guess going east.

Mike

Excellent choices!

With those Superchargers, Tallahassee, and something on the east side of Houston, the causeway from the Texas Island to the east will be filled in.

(First post so bear with me)

Hello everyone

So, I was able to drive over to the shopping center today and take a couple of pictures. The 6 spaces are located in the extreme northwestern part of the parking lot, near the billboard, as depicted in the site map. I'm pretty sure the part of the lot the chargers will be placed in is mainly for the mall's employees, so ICEing shouldn't be much of an issue. No transformers or anything, so all of that will have to be brought in. I couldn't figure out how to upload photos, so I'm just going to insert a link to the Drop Box folder.

Dropbox - Baton Rouge Supercharger

-Brady

A solar canopy...will it happen?

I heard the developers of the center where the chargers are going want to "go all out" and make this a show piece of sorts. 70 solar panels sound like more show than anything of substance but it will look good and is better than nothing. As well, a canopy to keep the chargers out of the Baton Rouge sun and rain is always a good thing!

Mike