Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did TM sign me up for SiriusXM satellite radio?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DITB

Charged.hk co-founder
Nov 13, 2012
Hong Kong
SOLVED! Did TM sign me up for SiriusXM satellite radio?

SOLVED - see post #7

I just got this to the same email address I use for my Tesla Motors account:

Thank you for updating the information related to your SiriusXM account *****7421. Updates were made to one or more of the following:

- Username / Password
- Contact Information (i.e., address, phone number)
- Payment Information (i.e., credit card on file)
- Security Questions

If you did not request this change, please call Listener Care at 1-866-659-3965 or Chat Now with a member of our support team.

To manage your account online, visit siriusxm.com/myaccount.

The link is "http://email.siriusxm.com/a/hBTs*******************-gwa/account" behind that "my account" text, I inserted *s in case there is something personal inside it anyway.

Is this spam or fishing? I don't remember ever signing up for SiriusXM, in fact, I am quite sure I never did. Also, I don't think it works in Hong Kong anyway.

When I dial up SiriusXM online and go to

Forgot PasswordSiriusXM Radio

it says

We did not find your Username in our records. Please try again, or call Listener Care at 888-601-6271 and we'll help sort this out.

The only way I could imagine something about this is if TM for some reason, and without my consent, signed me up to SiriusXM. Is the internet radio in the Model S from SiriusXM?

Last edited:
On USA cars with the premium sound system, SiriusXM is an option and typically comes with a year of free service. Silly of them to attempt to enable it for you, though.

It might be, it might not. That is why I am asking here - have others received the same email?

How can they thank me for updating the information, when I never registered?

Smells like spam/scam/fishing to me, and I didn't click any of the links in the email. Maybe just like one of these "Your FedEx/UPS/bla bla package could't be delivered .... click here ..." fishing emails.

You know, I think I go the same thing. Must check it out.

Did we sign some secret deal with small print that no-one reads, which entitles TM to forward this information to SiriusXM?

I just don't see the point for a RHD car in Hong Kong, while only North America is covered.

Either spam or some weird mistake.

In any case, when I enter my email address and select the "lost password" function, it says I don't exist.

No worries about Tesla Motors. And if it was, I am sure I wasn't the only one.

I solved the mystery now, after having chatted with their customer service.

Whoever signed up to SiriusXM here has a . in their email address, that is before the @, i.e. [email protected]

In their system, they seem to strip that dot (as if it doesn't belong there), and then xyz.123 becomes xyz123 instead - which is my email address (fictional email made up example)

[email protected] -> [email protected]

The login remains the other users email address, while the confirmation sent out is mine, without that dot.

So that's it, case solved.

If you get one of these emails, check if the "to" address has a dot in it, as it indicates with the dot, but sends without the dot.

Correction: It seems it is the email provider which strips that dot. Try to insert a . in your email address and send it, it might very well go to your account even with that dot inside.

Last edited: