Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB issues anyone??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First let me say that I love my car, and let me also say that my limited experience with the service center has been great so far. I haven't contacted the SC yet for an appointment so I thought I'd ask here first in case there is something I can do to fix it myself. Both my USB ports are really finicky. 90% of the time when I plug my iPhone cable in to either port it constantly cycles between charging and not charging. Maybe 10% of the time I can plug it in and it will continuously charge the phone. HAs anyone had a similar issue? If so how did you resolve it?

Id try another cable first ...

Same here; I have a super-short cable that's pretty flakey (not sure if it's because it's super-short, or it's just flakey 'cuz it's flakey) and I have to mess with it occasionally. But then I also have the problem with this cable occasionally plugged into my laptop, IIRC.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. my cable issue isn't like yours, Moparposterchild (and mostly works fine)...just mentioning because flakey cables can produce odd results. Sometimes only in some circumstances (e.g., your cable may work fine elsewhere but flake out in the car...but other cables may work fine in the car).