Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen III name confirmed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We had a whole alphabet of letters and Elon throws us the curve of a...number! Love it. Now just make the car with all the awesomeness that the Tesla design team is capable of and we'll have a huge winner on our hands.

And let's clarify, is it Model III or Model 3?

Model III is the cooler choice if I have any say in it.

Which I don't.

We had a whole alphabet of letters and Elon throws us the curve of a...number! Love it. Now just make the car with all the awesomeness that the Tesla design team is capable of and we'll have a huge winner on our hands.

And let's clarify, is it Model III or Model 3?

Model III is the cooler choice if I have any say in it.

Which I don't.
Just saw this. It is going to be built on an entirely new platform. $35K base. 200+ miles range.

Do you think there is a Chinese guy that has already trademarked the name? It's been a few hours.

Heh heh! HOWEVER..."Fool them twice, shame on them". I'm HOPING that TMC properly forestalled this near-certainty by hitting the Beijing trademark office first​!!!!

Separately, what finer way for TMC to tweak FoMoCo's nose than by that wonderful allusion to the Model T...with the Model Three. Ford shoulda kept quiet about "Model E".

I'm surprised they went with III instead of 3, since 3 is "E" in leetspeak, and would have been a nice workaround for the Ford trademark issue.

Yeah, but I guess they can do something cool with the lines to make it look like an E too... Actually, maybe the 3 will be like a "3" but 3 horizontal lines, so it looks both like an E AND a 3, while still being 3 bars.

Do you think there is a Chinese guy that has already trademarked the name? It's been a few hours.

heh, well played

so with this roadster upgrade.... does that mean *potentially free* upgrades for model S in the future? sorry about not actually talking about the III, but I was awfully curious after reading that part. :smile:
Why Free? he didn't say anything about the roadster battery upgrade being free, I'm pretty sure they won't give away parts that are that expensive for free.

That's what I though at first. I guess I just got too carried away with his tone by saying "We'll". Hopefully a future upgrade for Model S will be less than the orig. battery price of like 12k. Anyway back to my dreaming while I wait for my delivery.

What is going on with the blue Tesla in the auto express article pictures? The image descriptions are "Tesla Model III - front" and "Tesla Model III - rear". And it looks like the license plate reads "Tesla III". The wheels are also non model s and the nose cone has an additional opening on it not seen on the model s. Is this a new Model III rendering from Tesla? an old Model S rendering? Or maybe just a Tesla fan's concept? I haven't seen it before.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/tesla/87868/tesla-model-iii-to-challenge-bmw-3-series-pictures#main-content-area

From the official tweet, it's not clear if it's going to be "3" or "III"

tesla-gen-3-tweet.jpg