Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finance and Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I placed my order TM promised to have finance packages and insurance companies on side. Of-course this hasn't happened yet. Has anyone got any contacts for finance and insurance? I have info from the Wing Hang Bank at 2%.

Any leads would be most welcome.

Can we start dealing with finance and insurance even when it is "sourcing parts for your Model S"?

I have had both approved many months ago. For both, I just need to update when I know more precisely what the delivery date is. Looks like mid- or end September for me at this stage, with the latest rumours. The latest emails I have sent to multiple contacts in Tesla Motors, have so far all gone un-replied. I am sure they are busy, especially when the Signature event is only a WEEK away now.

When I placed my order TM promised to have finance packages and insurance companies on side. Of-course this hasn't happened yet. Has anyone got any contacts for finance and insurance? I have info from the Wing Hang Bank at 2%.

Any leads would be most welcome.[/QUOTE

Believe these car financing quotes are based on a “flat” interest rate; i.e., the repayment’s interest calculation is fixed upfront based on the unamortising principal amount and doesn’t go down as you pay off the principal amount o/s over time. Hence, the 2% p.a. “flat” rate translate to around 4.2% p.a. “effective” rate assuming a 3 years repayment period. The mortgage rate is usually quoted as an “effective” rate in HK for example.
In case you’re wondering, these banks / NBFIs can borrow at around 1-1.5% at today’s market rate and make a spread on funding your car purchase. Though there is a maturity mis-match risk carried by the banks / NBFIs, this could be a separate essay in itself…