Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Gen-III Renderings Request -Theo Chin, Others?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it's time for a new round of Gen-III renderings. I went back through the forum, and found Theo Chin's 5-door hatch Gen-III renderings. Very handsome, but I think it will take more of a fastback form. BTW, I was a big fan of Chin's stunning Model S wagon rendering. What we know so far: "Similar" styling to Model S, but more daring. I'm thinking it'll probably be a cross between the Model S, the 2014 Mazda 3 hatchback (remember VonHolzhausen used to work for Mazda) and the BMW 4-Series Gran Coupe or 3-Series GT.

I would volunteer to do one, but I have little to no graphic art or rendering skills. Would love to see what some of you are envisioning! :smile:

Last edited:
Have you seen the one below as part of

Tesla Model III to challenge BMW 3 Series - pictures | 2 | Auto Express

tesla-model-e-rear_0.jpg

So it won't be III but 3?
A bit confusion right now. According to Auto Express Elon Musk said "three bars", according to Tesla Motors tweet it will be "Model 3".

Anyway, it was easier for me to horizontal flip the upper part of the "S" in MODEL S in the picture and thus create a "3" than make three bars.

This is my best guess for the Tesla Model ☰ badge:
Tesla Model 3_-_RED LOGO 02.jpg

As for the car itself... Theo's skills far surpass my own, but I may sketch something out. I would expect the Tesla Model ☰ to be very stylish. It may well 'borrow' styling elements from other cars in the segment, like BMW, AUDI, Volvo, Mercedes-Benz, Cadillac... But it will still be unique unto itself, and obviously a Tesla Motors product.

I do agree the 'sedan' design will be of a five door configuration, sleeker than the BMW 3-Series Gran Turismo. I expect there will also be a wagon, and I hope for a coupe. I believe that at least three configurations will be unveiled at once, though five or more may be built on the platform eventually.

As for the car itself... Theo's skills far surpass my own, but I may sketch something out. I would expect the Tesla Model ☰ to be very stylish. It may well 'borrow' styling elements from other cars in the segment, like BMW, AUDI, Volvo, Mercedes-Benz, Cadillac... But it will still be unique unto itself, and obviously a Tesla Motors product.

My best guess is a mix of Model S, aston martin V8 Vantage http://www.astonmartin.com/cars/the-vantage-range/v8-vantage, and Mazda 3 http://brand.mazda.com/en/models/

I do agree the 'sedan' design will be of a five door configuration, sleeker than the BMW 3-Series Gran Turismo. I expect there will also be a wagon, and I hope for a coupe. I believe that at least three configurations will be unveiled at once, though five or more may be built on the platform eventually.

I hope for a wagon, but don't expect it. As with GII Model X take the role off the wagon, on GIII Model Y will be instead of the wagon. If they unveil more then one model at the same time my guess is for Model ☰, Model Y and Roadster 3.0

I don't know if this image has made the rounds yet, but I'll just leave it here anyway.

TESLA%u00252BKAMMBACK%u00252Bface2.jpg

I really like this interpretation. The short front hood and sloping fastback give it a unique character as compared to the Model S, while still giving it a nice Tesla feel. If this this thing had approximately the same dimensions as the BMW 3 Gt it would be a great looking car.

prOteu5 - thanks for the sketch design - nice - quite like it!

Design sketch.jpg

However it 'suffers' from the usual concept design sketch issues.

Wheels too big (scale at about 24inches!); wheelbase too short; height too low; too long; minimal rear end protection and no headroom in the back.......

Here is a (badly) revised version - can't do photoshopping so it is a crude cut-and-paste and pencil! But it sort of addresses the issues above. Still looks quite good but is rather long so rather a MS than a M3. Just a bit of fun...

Design sketch modified.jpg

Windscreen angle is still a bit extreme.

prOteu5 - thanks for the sketch design - nice - quite like it!

View attachment 58323

However it 'suffers' from the usual concept design sketch issues.

Wheels too big (scale at about 24inches!); wheelbase too short; height too low; too long; minimal rear end protection and no headroom in the back.......

Here is a (badly) revised version - can't do photoshopping so it is a crude cut-and-paste and pencil! But it sort of addresses the issues above. Still looks quite good but is rather long so rather a MS than a M3. Just a bit of fun...

View attachment 58324

Windscreen angle is still a bit extreme.

Still looks great! It is a bit long I'll admit, but I think it can work for a Gen3. Here's hoping that the real model will looks that good.