Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front and Rear lighted T installation demo by artisci on my Model S!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Front/Rear lighted T installation And Parcel Shelf Independent Auto Light Solution

For those who might be free during the last session (~4pm), artsci will doing a demo install on the front and rear on my Model S.

I also have a working demo (as of late last night!) of my attempt to light the trunk when the parcel shelf is flipped!

Voice recognition optional...
azizlight.jpg

Last edited:
For those who might be free during the last session (~4pm), artsci will doing a demo install on the front and rear on my Model S.

I also have a working demo (as of late last night!) of my attempt to light the trunk when the parcel shelf is flipped!

Voice recognition optional...
View attachment 53776

We'll welcome all who want to observe, lend a hand, or even offer advice:)

The lighted T's on Paul's car are awesome. Anyone getting the front one should consider wrapping the chrome on the nose cone in a non reflective color, like matte black, as it reflects the light and makes the T logo look like something else when driving.

Pics during the rear and front install

more to come as I find them & others send me pics too. I got distracted during the install and didn't end up taking as many as I thought.

Rear Install
You don't have to disconnect the wires after taking off the final rear cover to access where the wiring will come out. Just tape the frame from the sides and the top of the lift gate to the interior frame. Tape it to hold it away from the bottom of the frame to give clearance to access the rear T wires. You can also then seal the hole from the inside.

2014-07-20 12.02.22.jpg

heres it being held back
2014-07-20 12.02.25.jpg

Finding the right wire. My May 2014 build was brown/white for the break light (need to confirm with artisci)
2014-07-20 12.33.09.jpg

A there we have it.
2014-07-20 13.39.27.jpg

Front Install
If you don't have your manual handy... remember you can look up which one is the glove-box on the main screen.
2014-07-20 10.49.37.jpg

after removing the cover and glove-box fuse, replacing it with the dual fuse, be sure to test it will light. We had a dud fuse and caught it early.
2014-07-20 10.44.14.jpg

2014-07-20 11.08.27.jpg

artisci dentist must be very proud. Floss floss and more floss, gently getting the T off. This is the same process on the rear. Its best to start from the top (and side of the arch and T) Note: The rear can be started from the bottom.
2014-07-20 11.12.15.jpg

2014-07-20 11.21.22.jpg

2014-07-20 11.22.39.jpg

And there you have it!
2014-07-20 11.42.41.jpg

Last edited:
looks good. Nice meeting you Paul! thanks for the sprays and window towel use too. + love the disco ball. colorful people kick ass!
I like your light solution for the rear deck cover, good idea.
+ props to Artsci for doing all that work and helping everyone with the mods, Awesome!
might need to do one for myself someday(fortunately I didn't see the lights at night so it can wait a little while :wink:)

Last edited:
looks good. Nice meeting you Paul! thanks for the sprays and window towel use too. + love the disco ball. colorful people kick ass!
I like you light solution for the rear deck cover, good idea.
+ props to Artsci for doing all that work and helping everyone with the mods, Awesome!
Thanks, was a pleasure to meet you as well. The disco ball came in handy while rolosrevenge was raving in the passenger seat. If only he had used my internal LED spot lights as glow sticks, I would of have an awesome shot of it. LOL...

And +1000 to Artsci. Can't thank-you enough!