Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another small step - here's what I bought

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MikeL

some guy
Jan 24, 2013
image.jpg
No, I don't work for Stihl, just would like you all to know they have a new line of Li ion powered yard stuff that is top notch. Corded electric was not feasible in my yard and I really, REALLY did NOT want to buy another tool that burns the nasty juice. I have 2 Stihl chainsaws and a weed eater that are great, but upon learning about their E powered things, I quickly lose interest in the ice powered. Kind of like with cars.

BUT: it costs more, a lot more. The dealer said they are selling well. I've got my eye on the lawnmower :smile: When's Father's Day again?! It's a clear case of voting with my dollars, if they're gonna make this stuff, and it's good, I'll buy it.

Also, the 4.5amphour battery lasts way longer than I want to work :eek: For handheld tools, like my new hedge trimmer, you'll be fine with the 2.2 which is lighter (and cheaper $$$). ML

Li-Ion.chainsaw.jpg

Chainsaw: Li-Ion 40 volt by Oregon. Has old-style 'barracuda' chain (discontinued in the 1970s) that really cuts and grabs, so be careful. More efficient than the 'safety chain' and able to be sharpened by just pulling on the red lever.

Nicely balanced saw that is not over-weight. Use this up a ladder, up a tree, or diving into overgrown jungle where a power cord would be a real nuisance. Has just the right amount of power; you don't find yourself asking for more.

Came with the medium sized battery (2.4Ah/89Wh) which provides for a decent work session. Charger takes 60 watts off your truck battery inverter and is ready before I was to do more cutting. I've ordered another medium-sized battery so one can charge while the other is working.

OP might want to change thread title to Li-Ion Power Tools or some such.
--