Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DITB

Charged.hk co-founder
Nov 13, 2012
Hong Kong
To complete the blanks.

Car was supposed to be in production on June 16, according to Linda Han. Performance seats, signature red, 19" cyclone wheels, extended napa leather.

For info, my wall charger is supoosed to arrive today but no idea of delivery date. The silence is deafening!

Performance seats? Didn't know there was an option on seats - yet.

Performance seats? Didn't know there was an option on seats - yet.
Point of clarification:
I suspect "performance seats" referring to Tesla Model S refers to Tesla's designation of the styling (piping) rather than the general industry concept of extra bolstering, etc.

Last edited:
@sonywong: my statement was insufficient. However I believe:

Sig performance seats: piping and perforated
Sig normal seats: no piping and not perforated
Non-sig performance seats: piping and not perforated
Non-sig normal seats: no piping and not perforated=same as sig

?? Will check with JP Tesla.

Maybe a new thread can be started regarding the seats? We didn't receive much about seats when doing the tally, that's why it isn't listed.

Newk, you delivery date will be included in the next update of post #1.

As for my own delivery, since it seems to be late August now, I am considering to defer delivery to second half of September.

This summer had several events happening for me where I really needed the car - and the heat and humidity hasn't made that desire for the car any less. Having a northern European thermostat, it only takes minutes for me to start sweating when it's close to 35C and somewhat humid - what a drag to be waiting at a bus interchange for over 20 minutes in this heat. When the bus finally came, the only space was at the back, sitting on top of the engine to keep sweating. This is a typical journey, spending hours to go 30-40 km in Hong Kong.

dubai-bus-sheleter1.jpg

In Dubai, they have air conditioned bus stop shelters. The temperature can get up around 50C, but at least in those conditions, the humidity is very low - so it's not too much warmer than Hong Kong in terms of humidex.

As I will be leaving Hong Kong for some weeks not long after the present estimated delivery, I cannot see the point of having a car sitting in a parking lot generating 100 HKD pr day of parking fees, while I am overseas.

So I'll probably defer mine - oh, the irony, after all this waiting and delaying, asking Tesla for about a month further delay!

@sonywong: my statement was insufficient. However I believe:

Sig performance seats: piping and perforated
Sig normal seats: no piping and not perforated
Non-sig normal seats: no piping and not perforated=same as sig

?? Will check with JP Tesla.
Trust me, only Sig normal seats are perforated. I ordered mine with Sig performance seats (I also thot they are perforated) but I saw the leather sample in Tesla HK store and found out only Sig normal seats are perforated. I emailed Linda Han of Tesla and she confirmed that and I changed my order.
Also, in addition to the piping, performance seats also got some alcantara inserts in place of some of the leather.

Here is a picture of perforated seat (hard to find a picture), there are no piping and alcantara inserts.
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9939&d=1348241193

You can also check here:
Performance seat vs standard seat | Forums | Tesla Motors

Trust me, only Sig normal seats are perforated. I ordered mine with Sig performance seats (I also thot they are perforated) but I saw the leather sample in Tesla HK store and found out only Sig normal seats are perforated. I emailed Linda Han of Tesla and she confirmed that and I changed my order.
Also, in addition to the piping, performance seats also got some alcantara inserts in place of some of the leather.

Here is a picture of perforated seat (hard to find a picture), there are no piping and alcantara inserts.
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9939&d=1348241193

You can also check here:
Performance seat vs standard seat | Forums | Tesla Motors
So, according to above,

Sig performance seats: piping and not perforated
Sig normal seats: no piping and perforated
Non-sig normal seats: no piping and not perforated <<my choice

However my car's (JP sig) non-sig normal seats were perforated. I'm fine with that but maybe I got sig normal seats instead?