Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hong Kong Launch Event

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

markwj

Asia Pacific
Apr 10, 2011
Hong Kong
launch.png

Wednesday 23rd July 2014
6.30pm - 8.30pm
Kai Tak Cruise Terminal

From http://www.teslamotors.com/en_HK/events

Tesla Motors HK Launch event - missing (July 15th 2014).jpg

This is all for "Asia / Pacific" still.

It seems for the chosen few only, possibly Signature, Friends and Family and celebs. TM sure knows how to annoy their loyal customers. I wonder how many would cancel right now if they could get their deposit back? It wouldn't matter to Tesla Motors at all anyway, they won't have any problems selling this car.

Of those ~1000 spaces at the event, a significant share of them are probably reserved for HK celebrities (I would have done that), though it's hard not to feel a bitter after having let Tesla Motors have my money interest free since December 2012 - that I cannot even get to cheer on the official launch.

Well, maybe the rest of us will be in a second or third wave of email invites?

DITB, maybe you can still try to go that night, at least you will get the see the event at distance or even be let into the event! Who knows?

I might be able to get some tickets. But it's not just about me, it's the other reservation holders also.

On the other hand - if all Signature customers are invited then I would say at least it makes sense that they put down a much larger deposit than I did (even though some did it quite late in the game).

Are there any Signature customers who didn't get an email invite to this event?

In the end, the main goal is to move vehicles from the combustion era, into non-combustion era, which is what Tesla Motors is spearheading. Too bad the sales/marketing/public relations department is not up to speed with the rest of the organisation.

Not every reservation holder got an invitation?

Maybe, but not yet.

Mark is the HK Tesla guru here, so he should be invited for sure (but cannot make it).

I would imagine all the Sig customers have been invited, though I haven't heard yet.

There is still a chance there will be one or more waves of invites, in the order of sequence number and celebrity status. What if sequence #400 is a famous HK celeb? For sure I would have given them tickets, had I been Tesla Motors.

Let's see ...

From http://www.teslamotors.com/en_HK/events

View attachment 53685

This is all for "Asia / Pacific" still.

It seems for the chosen few only, possibly Signature, Friends and Family and celebs. TM sure knows how to annoy their loyal customers. I wonder how many would cancel right now if they could get their deposit back? It wouldn't matter to Tesla Motors at all anyway, they won't have any problems selling this car.

Of those ~1000 spaces at the event, a significant share of them are probably reserved for HK celebrities (I would have done that), though it's hard not to feel a bitter after having let Tesla Motors have my money interest free since December 2012 - that I cannot even get to cheer on the official launch.

Well, maybe the rest of us will be in a second or third wave of email invites?
Please don't break the windshield

I am not sure if I wanna go (will get the car on the 24th). My friend who has a production#9X got invitation. Guess we will receive invitation later or never (just like the test drive)

sonywong, congratulations to you! 24th is just one week away! Are you excited?

Could this be random invitation? Or maybe your friend works for the press?

I wonder what press will be invited? SCMP? Apple Daily? Takungpao?

Where's that Alan guy who works for NY Times? Haven't heard anything from him since the interview. Don't even know if his article was published or trashed.

sonywong, congratulations to you! 24th is just one week away! Are you excited?

Could this be random invitation? Or maybe your friend works for the press?

I wonder what press will be invited? SCMP? Apple Daily? Takungpao?

Where's that Alan guy who works for NY Times? Haven't heard anything from him since the interview. Don't even know if his article was published or trashed.
Not so excited, but busy with finance and insurance for the car, hahaha

My friend is not press, he even haven't confirm his order.....

5:17 pm here.

I'm going - let's see if the RVSP system works this time (!!!)

I hope the rest of the reservation holders will get the invitation shortly.

Maximum two guests pr invitation - yet it seems you can use the form more than once.