Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prescott, AZ October 25, Meet-Up / Road Trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The idea of a short trip to Prescott for lunch has been around for about a year and came up again at Saturday's meet-up. I'm suggesting Saturday, October 25th and Thranx (who lives in Prescott) suggested Murphy's, as the lunch venue. Murphy's is housed in the former Gardner's General Store building, a historical landmark in Prescott's downtown.
image.jpg

I'd recommend that half of the participants make a Phoenix-Wickenburg-Prescott-Phoenix loop while the others do just the opposite loop to minimize congestion at the Cordes and Wickenburg Superchargers (certainly Cordes will be online by October!).

Some members will probably want to view the beauty around Prescott (Granite Dells), others may go antique shopping, and some will no doubt spend the night in Prescott. Let's use the forum to collect ideas on what's available to do and see in Prescott. I'm not aware of non-RV charging options around Prescott, but if anybody knows of an EV-friendly hotel, please speak up! I'd appreciate knowing who is "in" or "maybe" so we get a count for the restaurant.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Mark - I responded to this on another thread of yours...have you kept open two similar threads?
Yep - not sure where people are looking on TMC and hope to find the best ways to connect with potential trip enthusiasts. On the Groups thread for Arizona Tesla Motors Club we're encouraging people to provide email addresses so we can do a group email invite. One limitation of our current software at TMC is that there isn't an easy way to PM or email everyone in a Group. I'm open to ideas.

There's an "Old Town"-like museum-y complex on the outskirts of downtown Prescott that - if it's open - may be right for a 9 y-o (it was closed when we took out of US visitors there last winter). And the Timeline right in the Courthouse central square's sidewalk is GREAT for kids of that age.

Mark and all,

The date is perfect, Lisa and I will participate. I suggest that we meet at the McDonald's at Carefree Highway & I-17 once again. The trip through Wickenberg is significantly longer than the route through Cordes Junction, perhaps the Crodes Junction group should start about 1 hour later so we all meet in Prescott about the same time.

I'll be there, of course.
For those wishing to overnight, Springhill suites by Marriott and the historic Hassayampa hotel are both within a block or two of Murphy's. The Hassayampa has a good restaurant in house, and Springhill serves the usual complimentary buffet breakfast. Springhill suites is in a small shopping center that also contains a Panda Express, an Albertson's market, a Starbucks, and more. Murphy's is on Cortez St., and the block above the restaurant is known as Prescott's antique row (as opposed to Whiskey Row, which is another block away, opposite the courthouse).

Everything is within easy walking distance of Murphy's. There is good street parking, and Murphy's has a small private lot behind the restaurant. In a pinch, park in the Albertson's shopping center lot and walk. Anyone with any particular queries about the area is welcome to email me: [email protected].

Hi to all
I stayed at the Springhill Suites- huge rooms, nice people, but no power until late this year or early next year.
Suggestion to anyone with 60s- leave with a full battery, reload fully in Wickenburg. The 85s- it is marginal to go all the way to Prescott on our proposed route- the uphill is a long pull Hopefully Cordes will be open??
The downhill run from Prescott- I was down to 78 watt-hr per mile average... I was amazed what the downhill can do for mileage!