Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Billings, MT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just found the permit.

It is at the Big Horn Resort, at the west edge of the city.

I have it on good authority that construction will start immanently. Local scouts or through-travellers, batter up!

Attachments

• Billings, MT Permit.png
    Billings, MT Permit.png
    517.8 KB · Views: 1,287
Tesla has indicated that Bozeman will follow Billings and Coeur D'Alene (this summer).

I'm on my way back from Ontario to B.C. I contemplated trying to span the gap from Rapid City to Ritzville, but it seems somewhat risky, and wouldn't actually take any less time than going all the way by Superchargers! (Drive 400 km, wait, probably overnight, drive 400 km,, wait, probably overnight, ...) So what's an extra 2200 km? (4000 vs 1800, Rapid City to Seattle via the two routes). The scenery in Colorado and Utah is hard to beat, anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I know. However, I'm pretty jaded about anything that has Tesla and a date in the same sentence.

Exactly! :)

Give it a year, though, and all this will start to become a distant memory. The end result is just so freaking awesome.

I'm on my way back from Ontario to B.C. I contemplated trying to span the gap from Rapid City to Ritzville, but it seems somewhat risky, and wouldn't actually take any less time than going all the way by Superchargers! (Drive 400 km, wait, probably overnight, drive 400 km,, wait, probably overnight, ...) So what's an extra 2200 km? (4000 vs 1800, Rapid City to Seattle via the two routes). The scenery in Colorado and Utah is hard to beat, anyway.

I did that gap. It adds about a day over what I have done previously in a gas car.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I know. However, I'm pretty jaded about anything that has Tesla and a date in the same sentence.

One has to consider the exact source of this information. The stuff I cited above comes from a specific and credible source, who knows every detail of the deployment program.

I just got off the phone with the assistant Manager at the Big Horn Resort in Billings, MT 1801 Majestic Ln, Billings, MT 59102 (406)839-9300 and she said the Billings Supercharger was installed last Friday (7/18/14) and 4 chargers are up and ready to be used. I will be hosting, Hillar from BC, Canada tonight or tomorrow night and he just might get to be the first person to use the first Montana Supercharger. I just left Hillar a voice mail to let him know that Billings is open. If I wasn't going camping this weekend in the mountains, I would plan a trip to Billings to check it all out. The assistant manager did say that it was easy to see and conveniently located near the front entrance of the resort.

I noticed that the permit was issued on Aug 1st but it wasn't stumbled upon until the 13th by Vger and opened on 7/23. I wonder if (and hope) some of the other SC's locations along the I90 route are further along in construction than any of us are aware of?? Fingers crossed that they are.:smile:

Thank You for the Update Image and congratulations for using the very first Montana Supercharger! I am so psyched that Billings in now a free destination for me, forever! I will be planning a Billings, Red Lodge to Cooke City trip ASAP!

Thank You for the Update Image and congratulations for using the very first Montana Supercharger! I am so psyched that Billings in now a free destination for me, forever! I will be planning a Billings, Red Lodge to Cooke City trip ASAP!

DrGuest, You can now vote yourself off your own charging island! :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed that the permit was issued on Aug 1st but it wasn't stumbled upon until the 13th by Vger and opened on 7/23. I wonder if (and hope) some of the other SC's locations along the I90 route are further along in construction than any of us are aware of?? Fingers crossed that they are.:smile:

My contact at Tesla indicated that Coeur D'Alene and Bozeman would follow fairly quickly after Billings. I have tried several times to dig out their permits, but without success. Someone at TMC Connect mentioned that Gillette and Sheridan, WY are coming soon as well, but I do not know what the source of their info might have been.