Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Tesla Crash. This time into the delivery sign.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorta hilarious. No fires. Surprised how they hit that without hitting the store's glass windows.

Person Buys Tesla, Person Immediately Crashes Tesla

fijpkj0y4hw2ktwpxfii.jpg

Definitely not Photoshopped. I was inside the store when it happened, although I only heard the crash and didn't witness the actual event. I don't know the whole story, but no one was injured (as far as I could tell anyway) and this looks like a relatively-recent delivery since the plates weren't even on it yet. The driver's side airbag deployed and it looks like there were tire marks from one of the Supercharger stalls (can't confirm if that's really the case or not since the trails don't begin all the way from the parking spot).

Quote from another thread:
vabast said:
I watched someone do the same thing at a motorcycle dealership and was told it is common. Apparently people regularly ride up on their old motorcycle, hand over the keys, get on their new (higher performance, usually) bike, and take it out on a sign, the corner of a building, a protective pylon, or the like.
Favorite part: dealership employee saying, right after the crash, in the most jaded and world weary I've-seen-too-many-idiots voice, "Another one..."

In the picture, the area is very empty compared to when I was there Saturday, about 37 hours ago.

They would not have have made it to the sign, but would have probably hit several other vehicles on Saturday. (All SpC stalls taken and all other spots filled by demo vehicles or cars waiting for SpC slots to open up).