Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Better to pull in or back into a Supercharger stall?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Backing in. Use the HD rear camera, center the Tesla sign, and stop when the curb gets to the bottom of the camera; it's all very easy. Also, where there is snow, it's way easier for the snow plows to clear the snow if all the pedestals are in the clear behind the curb. Cheyenne is problematic in this respect!

Also, where there is snow, it's way easier for the snow plows to clear the snow if all the pedestals are in the clear behind the curb.

I was talking to one of the Supercharger team guys in the early days of the rollout, and suggested that in Northern locations their drive-through spots would be a major hassle for snow removal. No big surprise that they didn't listen to me, but it seems they eventually got the message. Probably after complaints from site owners.

Have to admit as a Californian, I would never have thought of that!
I was talking to one of the Supercharger team guys in the early days of the rollout, and suggested that in Northern locations their drive-through spots would be a major hassle for snow removal. No big surprise that they didn't listen to me, but it seems they eventually got the message. Probably after complaints from site owners.

Afternoon shade by swooping into Grand Junction CO SC. Backing in would have toasted us.

Gr.Jctn.CO-afternoon.shade.jpg

--

Since my home setup has the nozzle suspended by a bungee cord in the rear, I have gotten used to backing in. And I now see why valets seem to prefer it: easier to maneuver in with steering on the aisle side, easier to exit later as can see the aisle sooner.