Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

choice to pick navigation route?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw a thread related to this that was a couple of years old.
I am wondering if there is anyway to tell the navigation system to do any or all of the following :

-avoid toll roads.
-use the fewest turns possible
-use mostly the highway.

Currently I ignore the navigation until I'm passed the toll road, and then it recalculates. I wish I could tell it from the start to not use toll roads.

Does anyone know if there is a software update coming with these options? If so, when (6.0 maybe?).

I'm pretty sure I remember Elon talking about how 6.0 will update the Navigationsoftware quiet drastically, but that was back in march or so. So it's the best guess that you might be able to do a lot more of the standard features of other navigation system and hopefully some new cool ones too. But as far as I know there is list of the features nor a releasdate for the 6.0 software update.

I saw a thread related to this that was a couple of years old.
I am wondering if there is anyway to tell the navigation system to do any or all of the following :

-avoid toll roads.
-use the fewest turns possible
-use mostly the highway.

Currently I ignore the navigation until I'm passed the toll road, and then it recalculates. I wish I could tell it from the start to not use toll roads.

Does anyone know if there is a software update coming with these options? If so, when (6.0 maybe?).

You can't do any of those things today. 6.0 is supposed to get traffic re-routing, waze-like traffic reporting and some other things but alternate routes, toll roads and other basics that are on most other GPS's have not yet been committed in any public form i've seen.

Here's what Elon said most recently in the annual shareholder's meeting about the NAV and other updates:
Teslas 2014 annual shareholder meeting and coming features | Tesla Living