Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Longwood, Florida

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Fellow Tesla Model S Owners, Owners-to-be, and Browsers:

I look forward to learning from all of you and welcome suggestions as a new owner to be. My Model S85 was ordered 7/2 and Tesla Motors emailed me 7/7 that my tentative delivery date will be 9/27 to the Tesla Longwood, FL station. Looking forward to a Pearl white, tan leather, dual charger, tech pkg, air suspension, parking sensors vehicle.

A 100 amp breaker has been installed in my main, anticipating the wall charger to be installed in the coming weeks.

I'm now trying to figure out how to get to Ashville, NC from here in the Orlando area, when the Super Chargers only go as far north as Orangeberg, SC. The Plugshare app shows lots of other charging stations west of Orangeberg on the way to Asheville, but 4 hour waits will be interesting. Suggestions welcome!

I may be 76, but sitting in a new Tesla made me feel like a high school kid again in Daytona where I grew up.

Happy Trails,
Ted Williams

Hello Fellow Tesla Model S Owners, Owners-to-be, and Browsers:

I look forward to learning from all of you and welcome suggestions as a new owner to be. My Model S85 was ordered 7/2 and Tesla Motors emailed me 7/7 that my tentative delivery date will be 9/27 to the Tesla Longwood, FL station. Looking forward to a Pearl white, tan leather, dual charger, tech pkg, air suspension, parking sensors vehicle.

A 100 amp breaker has been installed in my main, anticipating the wall charger to be installed in the coming weeks.

I'm now trying to figure out how to get to Ashville, NC from here in the Orlando area, when the Super Chargers only go as far north as Orangeberg, SC. The Plugshare app shows lots of other charging stations west of Orangeberg on the way to Asheville, but 4 hour waits will be interesting. Suggestions welcome!

I may be 76, but sitting in a new Tesla made me feel like a high school kid again in Daytona where I grew up.

Happy Trails,
Ted Williams

Hi Ted,

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your imminent delivery.

If you are interested in joining a Florida Tesla club, please click on the link in my signature.

Regards,

Larry

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your purchase. By the time you get your car in September, you will probably have more options to get to Asheville. Today you could make it by heading on I-4 to Port Orange and then heading up I-95 then over to the Burlington, NC Supercharger. You can get to Asheville from there. The challenge is making sure you find a place to charge when you get there (there are several choices you can find on Plugshare). By September, things should look a lot better and you can probably take I-75 up to Atlanta then I-85 over towards Charlotte then up to Asheville. There is even a supercharger on the map that appears to be in the Asheville area on the 2014 map (but not on the Coming Soon). I would expect most, if not all of the Coming Soon map to be done by the time you get your car.

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your purchase. By the time you get your car in September, you will probably have more options to get to Asheville. Today you could make it by heading on I-4 to Port Orange and then heading up I-95 then over to the Burlington, NC Supercharger. .

You're going backwards if you go to Port Orange. Just keep on going north on I-95 and top off at St. Augustine. Better there since you longest stretch will be from St. Augustine to Savannah, GA.

You're going backwards if you go to Port Orange. Just keep on going north on I-95 and top off at St. Augustine. Better there since you longest stretch will be from St. Augustine to Savannah, GA.

I forgot he's only coming from Orlando and can make it to St. Augustine. I was still thinking of my trip from Siesta Key that required a stop in Port Orange to be able to make it to St. Augustine. You're right that Orlando to St. Augustine directly should be no problem.