Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ionizer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Lump

Mar 31, 2013
So. Cal.
Saw this on FB is this a new feature, sorry no other details other then owner noticed it on the loaner he currently has.

10370902_10152381700468521_8103323825116918511_n.jpg

Pretty useful at Harris Ranch or after my kids soccer tournaments :eek:

Last edited:
Ionizers often end up creating ozone. Ozone smells nice, and certainly removes odors and things like smoke particles from the air, but is amazingly reactive. Wouldn't that possibly cause corrosion of almost any metal in the cabin (including circuit boards)?

Ionizers often end up creating ozone. Ozone smells nice, and certainly removes odors and things like smoke particles from the air, but is amazingly reactive. Wouldn't that possibly cause corrosion of almost any metal in the cabin (including circuit boards)?

I have a couple of these at work to cut down on odors (animal hospital). The big problem is that the ozone breaks down rubber surfaces. I have not had problems with electronics/metal.

my ionizer button just showed us last week after it was in the service center. i haven't had a chance to figure out what it is or does, and i wasn't 100% sure if it was there or not before, but i think it's new after the recent service center visit ...

I would suspect on older cars for the 'ionizer' to be available it will require both a hardware (ozone generator) and a software upgrade. Since one of the people who did not have but now does AFTER a recent service visit I would suspect that some hardware was added at that time.