Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Springfield MA to Poughkeepsie NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have to take a 1 day (trying to keep close to an 8 hour day round trip) to Poughkeepsie NY from Springfield MA. I'm trying to map things out albeit with little success. It appears my only option is to stop in Milford which makes the travel time 3+ hours each way (travel plus charge time). I would have to travel south to Milford CT then back north and then west to NY. I REALLY don't want to take my ICE, although, it would appear that I may have to. I've used Plugshare and Google to map out the trip.

If you drive conservatively and have a 85kWh battery, you should be able to do this trip without charging. It should take about 125 rated miles of charge each way, which is tight. There are three public chargers in/near Poughkeepsie (shown on Plugshare.com), so if you don't like your battery charge once you arrive, you have options to top up before you go home. If you're staying overnight, the Residence Inn with EV charging makes this dead simple.