Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why so few Tesla sightings in Atlanta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know there's an active Tesla Atlanta group on Facebook with close to 500 members, and that plenty of Teslas are being sold out of the Marietta store. So how come I hardly ever see a Tesla in Atlanta when I'm out and about? I live intown and commute to the 75 & 285 area, and have been on the lookout for them for the last month or so. So far I have spotted a grand total of two, both at restaurants (one at Fritti, one at Ration & Dram). I haven't seen a single one on my way to or from work.

Where are they? Am I just not traveling in the same driving circles as Tesla owners, or are they really that rare around here?

My Model S is on order, expected delivery in late September. Was hoping to get some 'in the wild' sightings while I'm waiting. :)

I know there's an active Tesla Atlanta group on Facebook with close to 500 members, and that plenty of Teslas are being sold out of the Marietta store. So how come I hardly ever see a Tesla in Atlanta when I'm out and about? I live intown and commute to the 75 & 285 area, and have been on the lookout for them for the last month or so. So far I have spotted a grand total of two, both at restaurants (one at Fritti, one at Ration & Dram). I haven't seen a single one on my way to or from work.

Where are they? Am I just not traveling in the same driving circles as Tesla owners, or are they really that rare around here?

My Model S is on order, expected delivery in late September. Was hoping to get some 'in the wild' sightings while I'm waiting. :)
i have actually seen some some of them are going to be at the atlantic station charging station and of course the store and their are a lot in alpharetta. Also I just went to hawaii and saw teslas everywhere on the big island, maui, and oahu. Dont know why they aren't much here. The guy at tesla told me that there are about 700 in the atlanta area. I hope there is improvement. Im getting my Signature Model X in early 2015.

I will probably see at least one a week. Last week I saw 2 within 200 yds on E/W Connector in Smyrna. I've seen quite a few on Northridge Parkway in town. A bunch around Atlantic station.

I also see two a day at work. Because my coworker has one as well.

I drive the west side perimeter and Langford parkway every day. If you want to try to see one in the wild. :)

Atlanta was the last top 10 media markets to receive any Supercharger love. With the addition of the Macon, GA Supercharger in May, 2014, it was finally connected to the rest of the Tesla Supercharger network. Now with Tifton online, and hopefully soon to come Chattanooga, TN and Greenville, SC Superchargers, Atlanta should be about as covered as lots of other major U.S cities. Therefore, I think the number of Model S's sold there should start to really climb through the end of this year.