Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Systems powering up - press brake when this message disappears ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, normally when I get in the car, that message (or something very much like it) shows up for like 1/2 a second and then disappears, and then I push the brake and the car is "on" and ready to drive.

This morning, the message showed up and didn't go away. This is after I woke it up, drove about 3 miles, went for an hour hike, and came back to the car to drive home. I waited about 15-30 seconds or so and decided to reboot the console. After the reboot my car started up as normal and I was able to drive.

This happen to anybody else?

For the first time this morning same problem, my car was in sleep mode but usually takes a few seconds and then is ready to start. Today I sat there for several minutes before the car was ready and something weird happened the touch screen went black like it was rebooting. Never had this happen before.

At risk of getting folks excited, I think stuff like this tends to happen before FW updates.

(New FW could still be weeks away!)

Hmmm... Saw this issue on 5.11 thread as well. If it happens B4 update, that makes sense. We do know car downloads update OTA b4 update applied. Maybe it has to complete a buffer download or something before it can awake!?!