Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We the People Petition on Tesla Motors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Curt Renz

Mar 5, 2013
USA

EDIT: My petition expired unsuccessfully yesterday with less than 900 signatures, therefore the White House website no longer displays the petition.

I’ve created a new petition to the White House asking them to prevent states from forcing a manufacturer to sell and service through franchised dealerships. A similar petition has been in existence for over eight months and reached the goal of 100,000 signatures over seven months ago. The White House has not responded. I suspect that the specific mention of Tesla Motors is the reason for reluctance. My new petition avoids that problem.

The petition will not be viewable to those not knowing the URL link until 150 signatures are received. Here is the URL link: http://wh.gov/lnZ9N

Please sign the petition, and ask your friends to do the same. Social media could be helpful in this effort. :smile:

Last edited:
6 signatures added in the few moments it took me to sign in! Already representing WA FL CA IN UT ME etc etc - thanks again Curt.
I was just wondering this morning about the "other" petition. 100k is a high bar, which was reached. So . . . . ? ML

6 signatures added in the few moments it took me to sign in! Already representing WA FL CA IN UT ME etc etc - thanks again Curt.
I was just wondering this morning about the "other" petition. 100k is a high bar, which was reached. So . . . . ? ML

You're welcome and thanks to all.

100,000 may seem a high bar. But I was signer #238 to the original petition 16 days after it was initiated and 14 days before the deadline. At that time I created a thread in this message board providing notice of the petition. Thanks to TMC members, the goal of 100,000 was reached in time.

I’ve created a new petition to the White House asking them to prevent states from forcing a manufacturer to sell and service through franchised dealerships. A similar petition has been in existence for over eight months and reached the goal of 100,000 signatures over seven months ago. The White House has not responded. I suspect that the specific mention of Tesla Motors is the reason for reluctance. My new petition avoids that problem.

The petition will not be viewable to those not knowing the URL link until 150 signatures are received. Here is the URL link: http://wh.gov/lnZ9N

Please sign the petition, and ask your friends to do the same. Social media could be helpful in this effort. :smile:

I have a lot of respect for you but do not see Obama as friendly to tesla or electric cars
1. No response to original petition. Not even a will consider it
2. State of the union speech he proposed cars running on natural gas with billions of dollars to build out huge network of natural gas stations as the answer to global warming. Not even a mention of electric cars or nongovernmental organization building out charging station networks around the globe

will sign but I suspect it will be filed next the the other one in the dead on arrival file.

To moderator ahead of time ask why you would allow this thread when others labelled political and moved off the board. By definition filing and politicking for a petition is political.