Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was updated to 5.12 at the Highland Park SC today. The release notes remain unchanged. It starts the same as the other recent updates by explaining that it adds minor enhancements, then explicitly repeats the prior release notes.

Interesting... My car is going in for a wheel rotation tomorrow -- they said they'd do a firmware update also. Will ask for 5.12.

Hopefully this fixes the previously charged location list -- in 5.11 any new charging locations were not added (but existing ones still showed)...

I also got 5.12 yesterday as well. I reported an issue with my seat on Tuesday and they were talking with Engineering in California (what I was told) then they told me to bring in the car on Thursday. Got in back Friday, with supposed software changes to fix my seat issue!

The seat issue was very intermittent, but I haven't seen the issue yet.

But other than that no changes that I could see.

I also got 5.12 yesterday as well. I reported an issue with my seat on Tuesday and they were talking with Engineering in California (what I was told) then they told me to bring in the car on Thursday. Got in back Friday, with supposed software changes to fix my seat issue!

The seat issue was very intermittent, but I haven't seen the issue yet.

What's the seat issue? I've had issues with the memory not getting the back angle set right when I restore from memory. Nearly every time someone adjusts the seat, it takes me days to find my comfortable position again since restore doesn't work (there's a very small sweet spot for me)...

I saw the Ionizer feature on FB & the details are slowly coming out, turns out an owner has a loaner on 5.12 & took this picture, no mention of hardware.

Screen Shot 2014-07-12 at 10.08.28 AM.png

Mods, delete the other thread since its being discussed here.

Received 5.12 from service today when in for a tire rotation.

No ionizer option...

It does fix the display of visited chargers. 5.11 would not display newly used chargers (but still showed older ones visited). The new charger I visited about 10 days ago on 5.11 now shows on the map...

Interesting... My car is going in for a wheel rotation tomorrow -- they said they'd do a firmware update also. Will ask for 5.12.

Hopefully this fixes the previously charged location list -- in 5.11 any new charging locations were not added (but existing ones still showed)...

1.59.56 doesn't have this problem for me.