Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problems with navigation system just stopping with no apparent reason

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since Tuesday of this week I've been having weird nav problems. I'll give the car an address (saved favorite, or whatever...doesn't matter) and navigation will start. A few seconds later nav will just stop. The trace of the route disappears on the giant screen and the turn by turn disappears from the left of the steering wheel display area.

My wife just called me to say the same thing is happening to her right now en route to her destination. It's really pissing me off but I can't seem to find any evidence of this problem happening to anyone else either at TMC or just via Google search. Am I alone with this? Anyone else seen this / resolved it?

Ideas?

Reboot the display by pressing and holding the scroll wheels. Then reboot the instrument panel by pressing and holding the top steering wheel buttons. That usually fixes odd errors. I've never heard of that particular problem, but it's always the first thing to try. (Note: usually you just reboot the 17" display, but because it's the Nav system, the instrument cluster display might possibly be involved.)