Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CHAdeMO -- worth it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at Plugshare, there seem to be quite a bit of CHAdeMO stations popping up in New England. Most, but not all, seem to be installed at Nissan dealerships. How accommodating are they of Tesla drivers? There are public ones in Portland, ME, along I-89 in VT, and along I-91 in Western MA. Might be a nice alternative to waiting/praying for Superchargers, and some are bound to be useful even after the planned superchargers start being installed. But is it worth $1000?

Are there any along routes you think you'd take where there aren't Superchargers? If not, might not be worth if.

Most Nissan dealerships seem to let people use their stations but sometimes only during business hours.

The question is moot until Tesla actually releases the CHAdeMO adapter. It would be really great if there were a rental program, where Tesla overnights an adapter to you with a return label and you send it back when you're done.

That would be something TMC could do. Say $25 per week plus shipping. We could have a pool of them and other obscure adapters for TMC members on road trips.