Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silly Distractions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know where the best place to put this is, so I picked here. I hope enough people see this.
If a moderator thinks it is worthy of being moved, please do so.

I had a couple of ideas for fun distractions on the website, that I am hoping someone who is inclined will want to do.

First is the "Mileage Leaderboard". Make a simple form to enter your EV mileage ( you do it every few days ), and then it tells you your ranking compared to everyone else on the site, and there is a leaderboard page where you can see everyone who participates.
I know that I don't drive a lot of miles and am nowhere near the top, but I thought it would be fun. It would also be fun to see the total go up.

The second I call "Paint the World Green". You enter cities or towns you drive your EV to. The data gets aggregated and we collectively try to fill in the whole world. ( We can start with a small set of countries and expand. ) As an alternative, instead of a destination, you enter a route you have driven and paint that way.

Anybody interested?
I volunteer to help PM and test, but I suck at web dev. I am an old C programmer.

Not advocating for or against the distractions, but I would think wh/m would be a better leaderboard. Some people just drive a lot. Some people have had their cars years, while others have had theirs for a month. Not exactly a fair competition.

Not advocating for or against the distractions, but I would think wh/m would be a better leaderboard. Some people just drive a lot. Some people have had their cars years, while others have had theirs for a month. Not exactly a fair competition.
I suspect the Wh/mi chart would just be a merging of climate and terrain maps.

Add the date the car was delivered, and calculate miles/day. That's what the what the ActiveE guys did for ActiveE East Coast Versus West Coast Mileage contest
(TMC's own MPT did the programming)

Add the date the car was delivered, and calculate miles/day. That's what the what the ActiveE guys did for ActiveE East Coast Versus West Coast Mileage contest
(TMC's own MPT did the programming)

Or a rolling total of the past 30 days or similar.

Not that TMC needs to be any more distracting. In fact I would probably take less distracting if I could. I know my boss would.