Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendation for Commercial Chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The building in which my office is located is going through some renovations, and an EV charger may be in the cards. The building is relatively new, and there is plenty of power that is readily accessible around the building.

Management has asked that I give input on available commercial chargers. Any suggestions or would be greatly appreciated. Links would be even more appreciated.

The charger would be located outdoors, possibly in a covered location. Given that I am in Arizona, exposure to moisture is not a huge issue, but exposure to heat is certainly a factor to consider. Thanks in advance.

I work for Sun Country Highway. So of course I believe that we offer the best solutions at the best prices. :smile:
Feel free to contact me if you require any information on our product portfolio and latest promotions. Thanks.

Cheers,
Emile.

If you will be charging for people to plug in, then the only real reliable way to go is getting a Chargepoint (Electric Vehicle Charging By ChargePoint) station. If it will be free Charging, for starters, contact Tesla, They may provide a free or discounted HPWC.
I disagree on both points. The Clipper Creek CS-60 has 48A output and an optional keypad to enable charging for charging. There is no reason to think it's less reliable than a ChargePoint. Anyway ChargePoints are overpriced and underpowered. The CS-100 discussed above unfortunately does not have the keypad option available but it's the best for free charging.

The Tesla HPWC destination charging program really isn't appropriate here. He's talking about an office building, not a long-distance driving destination. Office building charging will be for workplace commuting and needs to be able to charge Leaf, i3, etc, in addition to Tesla so it needs a J1772.

Uptime and software matters too.

Chargepoint chargers can be fixed in a 30 seconds by a high school graduate because the innards are one massive replaceable unit.

Also think about whether the business needs to track who uses the chargers, may want to charge at any point in the future and whether they want to do their maintenance or let a Chargepoint/Blink/whoever do it.

When I took part in an eval about a year or so ago, Chargepoint looked way better than anyone because their software was more feature-rich and mature and their chargers looked like they were designed for fast, easy maintenance.