Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Electric Route to the Racetrack"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi fellow Tesla owners! On Sunday July 13 I will be embarking on an electric road trip from Charlotte, NC to Chicago, IL as I become the first ARCA or NASCAR driver to travel oil free to a race and we are hosting meet ups along the way: With electric ride to Chicagoland Speedway, Leilani Munter to become first ARCA or NASCAR driver to travel oil free to a race - ARCA Racing

EVolutionHighway.jpg

Map_med.jpg

(MAP HAS BEEN CORRECTED. Time on map was wrong for Bethesda Meet Up on 14th - it's at 9-1030AM not PM!)
Would love to have some fellow TMCers join me at the supercharger stops! There will be a camera crew filming the trip and we will have giveaways at the meet ups. The two bigger meetups in Bethesda and Chicago are set times. Except for the two meet ups in Bethesda, MD and Chicago, IL these are just ESTIMATED window times for the trip, I will update my ETAs from the road but what I list below could vary by an hour in either direction. Come and see me on the #EVolutionHighway!

Sunday July 13 ********
12 - 1230pm Burlington, NC Supercharger
330 - 4pm Rocky Mount, NC Supercharger
6 - 630pm Glen Allen, VA Supercharger
730 - 8pm Woodbridge, VA Supercharger

Monday July 14 ********
9 - 1030am Bethesda, MD Supercharger (TIME CONFIRMED)
530 - 6pm Hagerstown, PA Supercharger
8 - 830pm Somerset, PA Supercharger

Tuesday July 15 ********
930 - 10am Cranberry Township, PA Supercharger
1130 - 12pm Macedonia, OH Supercharger
2 - 230pm Maumee, OH Supercharger
445 - 515pm Angola, IN Supercharger
615 - 645pm Mishawaka, IN Supercharger

Wednesday July 16 **********
12 - 130pm Illinois Institute of Technology EV Station - 3201 S. State
Street, Lot A (TIME CONFIRMED)

Hope to see some of you on my journey!

Last edited:
See you in Chicago!

Will be there in Chicago! We drove a similar route from Charleston! Have a blast!

Hi fellow Tesla owners! On Sunday July 13 I will be embarking on an electric road trip from Charlotte, NC to Chicago, IL as I become the first ARCA or NASCAR driver to travel oil free to a race and we are hosting meet ups along the way: With electric ride to Chicagoland Speedway, Leilani Munter to become first ARCA or NASCAR driver to travel oil free to a race - ARCA Racing

View attachment 53355
View attachment 53356

Would love to have some fellow TMCers join me at the supercharger stops! There will be a camera crew filming the trip and we will have giveaways at the meet ups. The two bigger meetups in Bethesda and Chicago are set times. Except for the two meet ups in Bethesda, MD and Chicago, IL these are just ESTIMATED window times for the trip, I will update my ETAs from the road but what I list below could vary by an hour in either direction. Come and see me on the #EVolutionHighway!

Sunday July 13 ********
12 - 1230pm Burlington, NC Supercharger
330 - 4pm Rocky Mount, NC Supercharger
6 - 630pm Glen Allen, VA Supercharger
730 - 8pm Woodbridge, VA Supercharger

Monday July 14 ********
9 - 1030am Bethesda, MD Supercharger (TIME CONFIRMED)
530 - 6pm Hagerstown, PA Supercharger
8 - 830pm Somerset, PA Supercharger

Tuesday July 15 ********
930 - 10am Cranberry Township, PA Supercharger
1130 - 12pm Macedonia, OH Supercharger
2 - 230pm Maumee, OH Supercharger
445 - 515pm Angola, IN Supercharger
615 - 645pm Mishawaka, IN Supercharger

Wednesday July 16 **********
12 - 130pm Illinois Institute of Technology EV Station - 3201 S. State
Street, Lot A (TIME CONFIRMED)

Hope to see some of you on my journey!

I forgot to mention that I am promoting solar power at the racetrack, I'll be in the #66 PrairieGold Solar ARCA racecar for Venturini Motorsports!

ChicagoPR1.jpg

If you are interested in watching, race coverage for the Ansell ActivArmr 150 will air live on FOX Sports 2 starting at 6:00 p.m. ET on Saturday, July 19, with live timing and scoring as well as the radio broadcast through the ARCA Racing Network (ARN) online at arcaracing.com.

Well unfortunately, it's looking like I won't be able to make it out there tomorrow. It's a shame because I was really looking forward to it.

May be next time! Also, it would be nice to get a 2 or 3-week notice here on the forum before these events.

Sorry to miss you this time! This trip came together very quickly and I posted the schedule as soon as I had it myself! See you down the (electric) road...

JakeP and I caught up with Leilani (or rather, SHE caught up with us!) at the Cranberry Supercharger. I think Jake and I have already logged a record number of hours at this Supercharger WITHOUT charging so this morning I made sure I could partake of free electrons. As you all know, who have met her, Leilani is a good soul and we had a good time talking with her. May the rest of your trip be fun and eventful (in the best of ways) and have a good safe race this weekend!
1-IMG_3723.JPG

Nom nom nom....
1-IMG_3737.JPG

Talking with a non-Tesla owner we were all trying to convert.

1-IMG_3741.JPG

Parked up next to race driver royalty!

1-IMG_3747.JPG

This must be part of the Activist Package because my car doesn't have it. :tongue:

1-IMG_3751.JPG

1-IMG_3752.JPG

1-IMG_3758.JPG

1-IMG_3761.JPG

1-IMG_3775.JPG

1-IMG_3800.JPG

They did an extra lap of Cranberry (unbeknownst to us) on the way out-- we surprised each other!

1-IMG_3818.JPG

Looking Eastbound on the Westbounders!
1-IMG_3833.JPG

1-IMG_3836.JPG