Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toronto/Ottawa to Adirondacks - charging options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am going to the Adirondacks in a couple of weeks, and I am looking for a place to charge in or around Potsdam, NY. It looks like there is a J1772 plugin at Clarkson University. Has anyone charged in Ogdensburg, Canton or Potsdam?

I am going to the Adirondacks in a couple of weeks, and I am looking for a place to charge in or around Potsdam, NY. It looks like there is a J1772 plugin at Clarkson University. Has anyone charged in Ogdensburg, Canton or Potsdam?

You will probably have to wait until next year, but when the Cornwall, ON Supercharger comes on-line, you should be all set!

Last edited:
A quick update on my trip. I charged for about an hour in Cobourg, and made it to Potsdam, NY with 60+ km of range remaining. The chargepoint station (30A/200v) at Clarkson University was available and operational - based on comments from the locals, I don't think that it gets a lot of use. There seem to be a number of chargepoint stations at universities across the state.

The next stop on my trip is Ottawa - lots of charging options there.