Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"The Watchtower" at Tejon Ranch SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We stopped at the Tejon Ranch SuperCharger this afternoon and were amused to see that "The Watchtower" had been left at the fixtures. Modern day Jehovah's Witnesses!

Tesla 019a.jpg

~Larry

I thought that the person or company that cuts the grass around each of the sites (or sweeps the lot etc.) would be happy to take a bag of trash for a little extra cash per month. It would not have to be a lot. Each site would have to be negotiated of course. I too haul my own trash, but sometimes it's a little hike to throw stuff away I don't want in the car.

I thought that the person or company that cuts the grass around each of the sites (or sweeps the lot etc.) would be happy to take a bag of trash for a little extra cash per month.

I often charge after-hours at several different shopping center locations. The sweeper-mobile they use has a big bin in the rear that's used to collect trash bags. The sweeper does come by the SC stations (even though they are in a remote part of the lot) because I've seen the wet sweeper-tracks sometime upon arriving.

The Newark DEBSC has a trash can at 1A, but given its at a well-maintained highway rest stop that's probably a bad example.

Now what I'd really like to see is better lighting (which could be proximity activated and then go back into "Standby" level after a period once all SC pedestals go idle) and security cameras. ADT would probably love to get that contract.

I thought that the person or company that cuts the grass around each of the sites (or sweeps the lot etc.) would be happy to take a bag of trash for a little extra cash per month. It would not have to be a lot. Each site would have to be negotiated of course. I too haul my own trash, but sometimes it's a little hike to throw stuff away I don't want in the car.

The Silverthorne Supercharger is at the Silverthorne Outlet Mall and they put one of their mall trashcans at the Supercharger. It's very nice to have there, and the mall maintenance folks empty it with the rest of the mall trash cans.

Speaking of trash cans and other items that are at gas stations, does anyone miss the items you would find in a convenience store? I know most Superchargers are around restaurants, but are some people still in need of items that can only typically be found at convenience stores?

I noticed these solicitations/litter on my trip west, and threw out the one at the stall I used. Then, a week later, I was headed east, again through Tejon Ranch and the solicitations had been replaced. I foolishly threw away a few. Upon reflection, maybe it may have been best to leave them there to reduce waste. I wish people leaving leaflets like this under wipers and now superchargers were fined as litterers.

Looks like the SuperCharger monetization has begun :)

Pulled in to Tejon Ranch SuperCharger this morning -- nobody there, had it all to myself.

When I got out to put the charger plug into the car, I found a magazine stuffed into the little cranny space where the charge plug is stowed when not in use. Wonder if anyone else has found anything like this anywhere or if this is a first. Frankly I found it a little dismaying. I went over to the other charger slots, and ALL of them had these magazines tucked away in there.

Hmmmmmm.

00-monet1.png

00-monet2.png

I don't think you can blame Tesla for the religious nutters out there. I really doubt they paid Tesla to put in the whacko magazines, just they put them in without asking.

Well you have to give them marks for ingenuity (and determination!). But why leave out a copy from 2012 - surely the Jehovah's Witness message has moved on enormously in the last 2 years ;-)

I'd get a magic marker and write "Elon!" in big letters across the bottom of the front cover.

Well you have to give them marks for ingenuity (and determination!). But why leave out a copy from 2012 - surely the Jehovah's Witness message has moved on enormously in the last 2 years ;-)I'd get a magic marker and write "Elon!" in big letters across the bottom of the front cover.
I'd write "HTTP 404 not found"Did you discard the magazines, or leave them "for the next"?