Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problems switching to USB port from another music source

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the last update, my car cannot switch from any other music source to the USB. I've tried restarting it but nothing works. Instead of simply switching to the USB source directly from the music source option, I have to go to the browse menu and select the USB source and select the song. Anyone else w this problem?

I've encountered this sometimes after the console display has been rebooted, software updated, or the car resumes from the deep sleep mode. But it hasn't happened much recently.

I've created a long favorites list for my USB music, and that's what I usually play. Almost all of the time, when I select USB, it resumes playing the last song played in the favorites playlist. But when one of the above event has occurred, I might see that the USB is not listed playing a song - so I have to go back and manually select the song to play - and then after that, it has worked pretty well.

A bigger frustration is in playing audiobooks through my phone over Bluetooth. Every time I leave and return to the car, the Bluetooth connection to my phone has to be manually selected. And I usually have to go my phone's display to resume playback of the audiobook.

Thanks bob_p. It is very weird. It did not happen most of the day today, but then when I went from XM to USB1, it went back to Iphone 5. I'm trying to figure out whether it is just going from one particular source to the USB1 source, or whether it is from every source that is happenning. Regardless, I can always manually select the song first without having to go to the USB source first.