Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Charge port Opener (from outside the car)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

As I don't use the mobile connector but type2 cable (hence not port opener on the cable), I have been looking for a solution to open the charge port from outside the car and found this Tesla Model S Open Charge Port Afstandsbediening - YouTube

http://www.laadkabelwinkel.nl/tesla-model-s-open-charge-port

Unfortunately, they seem to have stop the production of this opener gadget/tool.
Anyone has found a similar tool/device to open the charge port?

PS: I know there is a possibility from the App, but find it not so convenient and too slow.:rolleyes:

Thanks!
Laurent from Belgium

I am not familiar with the type2 euro plug (and couldn't quickly find a good picture of one online). Here's something I learned about using a J1772 with the Tesla adapter at my office charger and I think someone else posted something similar here.

When the car is charging and I want to unplug it:

1. Open drivers door
2. Press button on J1772 handle to release it---The car clicks to release the charge cable when I press the button
3. Quickly remove the adapter and handle together from the car

Maybe a similar procedure will work for your charge cable.

-m

I used to sell the Open chargeport remotes, but in the end it took a lot of time to produce and ship them.
I made the project open source, so if you want you can build your own.

There are two versions, one based on a PIC microcontroller + a 433 Mhz transmitter module.
Or the more professional one (the one from the video) based on the Si4010 chip.

Anyway, all the information is available here:

mstegen/Open-Chargeport · GitHub