Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Experience Driving Model S.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have long been interested in Tesla as a company and the Model S as a car, but have never had the opportunity to drive one. A woman that goes to my church recently bought one, and I half-jokingly said to her after our morning worship service, "So when do I get a ride?" She said "whenever" and sure enough, about 30 minutes later, I ran into her again in the courtyard, and she said "You want to take it out?" After experiencing the features and driving experience (more on that in a bit), it truly is the car of the future.

She drove at first, and the acceleration from her S85 was as strong and smooth as everyone's described. She let me briefly take the wheel toward the end of the drive. I only got it up to about 67 mph on streets, but you could feel the bottomless reserves of torque just at part-throttle.

Unfortunately, the Model S is a little out of my budget currently, but it has cemented my decision to wait for the Gen-III. What a fantastic car. It's no mystery why the Model S is out-selling many other high-end luxury models, a trend I think will continue the more people get a chance to drive one.

Welcome to the dark side, muahahahaha!
It's amazing how many critics there are out there that have never even taken a chance to drive the car. As the general driving public becomes more enlightened to the benefits of EV's, the death knell of the ICE-age automobile will become more apparent.