Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

18" wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately, no one has found an off-the-shelf 18" wheel that will clear the brakes (other than temporary spare wheels). I'm guessing you could get one custom made for a few thousand dollars per wheel. However, there are many posts showing that 19" wheels with good snow tires, such as Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 or Michelin X-Ice Xi3, work very well in winter conditions.

Unfortunately, no one has found an off-the-shelf 18" wheel that will clear the brakes (other than temporary spare wheels). I'm guessing you could get one custom made for a few thousand dollars per wheel. However, there are many posts showing that 19" wheels with good snow tires, such as Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 or Michelin X-Ice Xi3, work very well in winter conditions.
Alternatively one could mount 225/50-19 snow tyres on 8Jx19 rims, to obtain a more narrow contactpatch with the road/snow. If so desired.

From Norway winter experiences no-one found an 18" wheel that works. But as Jerry says many nice winter tires come in 19" and work well. I really doubt 18" would make a diffrence. I was happy with Hakkapelitta R2s, but they are soft with a "mushy" feel compared with summer tires.