Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2008 Roadster for sale in Fullerton CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

I know nothing about this 1.5 Roadster other than what is shown at 2008 Tesla Roadster in Fullerton CA from Fullerton Auto Square

Just curious about the wheels, never seen them before. The word "FIKSE" appears to be at the center of each wheel.

Interior door panels have a lot of carbon fiber trim pieces. Is that aftermarket or optional from Tesla?

Also some kind of additional lighting added in the foot wells. Kind of over the top, in my opinion.

With andy-sf asking $60K for his very nice 2.0 Roadster, the $80K asking price for this 1.5 Roadster seems rather unrealistic.

I remember seeing this one for sale via eBay a few months back, where the owner listed every aftermarket upgrade he'd installed. I don't recall every bit, but I do remember the Carbon was all aftermarket apart from the sills.

Regardless, I also agree the price is too high. Seems like lately a lot of 1.5's are being posted for high 80's and sitting for a long time on the used market.

Well, dealers routinely list cars for sky high asking prices on the theory that it gives them a lot of leeway to go down and make the buyer think they are getting a "deal".

I don't look at it that way. I think that asking prices way over what cars are actually selling for discourages some prospective buyers from even starting the negotiating process.

This grey 1.5 with 30K miles and a hardtop seems similar to Roadsters that have likely sold for somewhere in the 50's over the past year or so.

The ad doesn't specify which other options the car has. But of course if you called that dealer they probably wouldn't know.

I always think it is unfortunate when a used car dealer is given a Roadster to sell. Much better to buy for a Roadster owner who is knowledgeable about their car and appreciates how special it is.

I honestly couldn't agree more with your entire post. I've been in the market for a used Roadster for the past two years and I've kept a log of each one I've seen go up. The original seller was asking $85K for that same 1.5 with all the aftermarket things.

Exactly. It's a shame. I had a similar issue five months ago when I nearly pulled the trigger on a 2.0 in my dream configuration, while the dealer couldn't seem to tell me what a maintenance light on the VDS shown IN a photo taken was for.

At this point, I'd honestly be surprised if #154 sells for the asking price, especially without any information.

- - - Updated - - -

Scratch that. I've found a post from the original seller. It appears to state the exact information I recalled seeing on his eBay listing awhile back.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/20330-Roadster-154-For-Sale