Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Don't try to recharge your Model S on a Roadster HPC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dpeilow

May 23, 2008
Winchester, UK
I heard of a second case of someone turning up at a Roadster HPC with a Model S this evening.

In this case it was the Castle Hotel, Taunton. The owner called 2 days ago to ask if he could charge his Tesla. The hotel, knowing no different, said yes of course.

Now it turns out the owner checked Zap Map, which does indeed say there is a 32A / 7kW charge point there. There isn't, and there never has been. Zap Map says the data is sourced from ZCW but ZCW correctly states the charge points are 70A Roadster HPC and 13A domestic socket.

This cost the hotel a bottle of champagne and no doubt the driver more time in Taunton than he or she wanted. They will be contacting Zap Map in due course.

I've also told them they should install a 3 phase Type 2 station if Model Ss are starting to visit.

I heard of a second case of someone turning up at a Roadster HPC with a Model S this evening.

I've also told them they should install a 3 phase Type 2 station if Model Ss are starting to visit.

There are several HPC to Model S adapters out and around. Mine is no longer in use as all the Roadster chargers near me are pretty much being changed over to J plug chargers or HPWCs. I am hoping someone can use my adapter some day, and would suggest that any HPCs still existing out in the wild have an adapter to Model S (or J plug if in the USA).

Anyone interested? It is discounted!