Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Love our Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday, for the first time in over a month, had to put gas in my '64 Chevy Step Side to get it to the car show. God! I forgot how much that stuff stinks, nearly up-chucked from the smell. On top of that, cost almost $ 100.00 to fill it up.
BOY DO WE LOVE OUR MS!!!:love:

Another reason: My son still drives our 2005 Prius. It has a PHEV conversion, but it still needs oil changes. He changed the oil out on the driveway yesterday.

The windows were closed, and I was inside the house nowhere near the driveway...but I could still SMELL the oil. Ugh.

Then of course we had to fill out a form to get our recycling company to pick it up because it requires special handling...

I recently read an account of what New York streets (and the air and water) were like when horses provided transportation. I can see why they were so eager for transportation alternatives. I don't understand why now there are so many people that would rather stick with petroleum. They all know the costs, but they have been convinced that electric drive involves too many sacrifices.

Without a doubt, gas stations are like fingernails on a chalkboard (how's that for a retro reference?)

A while ago my wife and I were in her gasser and had to get gas at Costco. Oh. My. God. There were like 50 cars all waiting in line. People were inpatient and angry. And of course the people in line ahead of us were completely clueless... Worst 20 minutes of my life. (OK, not really but it sucked...)

Yesterday, for the first time in over a month, had to put gas in my '64 Chevy Step Side to get it to the car show. God! I forgot how much that stuff stinks, nearly up-chucked from the smell. On top of that, cost almost $ 100.00 to fill it up.
BOY DO WE LOVE OUR MS!!!:love:

Know the feeling: See License Plate.

Flat Stanley at Corning.jpg

Gas stations are even worse here in Oregon without self serve. Costco is pretty bad with long lines and typically one attendant for every 4 cars filling. For them once I get to the pump, half my time is wasted waiting for the attendant to get to my pump to start and the other half is wasted waiting for him to return to pull the filler out so I can actually leave! I used to drive a MINI so I only had to fill up every other week, but that seems crazy now that I have to get gas once every few months now (which is still too often). I'm now trying to get my fiancee to make the switch as well so we can be done with the ICEs for daily driving!

It's always about jobs but I would think their lobby was strong enough to overcome to will of 99% of the population.

Anyway, yet another reason why driving an EV is awesome.
Congrats on your Tesla psingram.

Another related reason: on May 2 we moved to a new house. Our 2-car garage has so far only held our Teslas.

But my wife is off camping with the Model S, so my son parked his plug-in Prius in the garage. Now when I walk in to the garage...I feel assaulted by the smell of oil! It's not dripping, how can I smell it? Why didn't I notice it back when I drove gas cars?

Another related reason: on May 2 we moved to a new house. Our 2-car garage has so far only held our Teslas.

But my wife is off camping with the Model S, so my son parked his plug-in Prius in the garage. Now when I walk in to the garage...I feel assaulted by the smell of oil! It's not dripping, how can I smell it? Why didn't I notice it back when I drove gas cars?

I know. Every time I get in an ICE, I can smell the gas and fumes. It's just plain nasty.

But, the worst is going to a gas station. Ugh. I was with my wife when she got gas at Costco. Huge lines and overpowering gas smell. I thought I was going to die.