Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oil resources to end in 53.3 years according to BP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We won't "run out of oil"; it will simply become more and more uneconomical to extract, and the rate of production will inevitably fall below demand. When that happens the economic impacts will be very serious. Oil prices will fluctuate wildly as the economy crashes, demand falls, economy starts to recover, oil price spikes, and lather, rinse, repeat.

How convenient. It's just about the time I expect to die. Well, I'm sure my kids will worry about it.

Humor-impaired: Joke to me, reality for most politicians on both sides of the aisle.

IMO main issue will not be of economical kind. Today CO2 concentration in the atmosphere is 400 ppm. In 2050 in the best case such a concentration will be 450 ppm but it could also be 550 ppm. If in 2100 CO2 concentration in the atmosphere will be 650 ppm corresponding to an increase ot the Temperature Anomaly of 6 degree Celsius what is shown in the video that I posted above will happen. :scared:

Last edited: