Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Real life example of a dealership trying to sell a Tesla Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get >$78k configuring that from the website (assuming SC enabled...) So it isn't that crazy. And, that is the "buy it now" price; people can bid less. I might have priced it similarly.

I considered placing a lowball bid but suddenly was afraid I might win.

Last edited:
Seems there is value in not waiting for Tesla to build one for you, as most of the ones I see on eBay sell for pretty close, sometimes more, than the purchase price... which is pretty crazy for an asset like a car that generally depreciates immediately. Go Tesla :)

"TSLA Investor Discussions"?

Mod Note: moved thread.

- - - Updated - - -

The details listed as you read through this are terrible. Has none of the information you want to see and a bunch of mislabled boxes that are designed for ICE's

Engine:Unspecified
Fuel Type: Gas

For a car of this price this misinformation is staggering to me.

Tesla s Base Sedan 4 Door | eBay

Isn't the biggest part of that problem the dropdown choices offered by eBay?

Mod Note: moved thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't the biggest part of that problem the dropdown choices offered by eBay?

The whole ad is a joke, unless they have updated it. They did not even have the battery size listed anywhere on original Ad. I disagree with the move to off topic but since I respect you and all the work you do to make this the best Tesla Board out there I will live with it :)

P.S. Brianman You really cant see how this is related to investing in Tesla?

It's a 60. With 8k miles, for $81K? Who are they kidding?

If you look down to the list called "Standard Equipment", and to its subsection "Mechanical"...the first item says it's a 40. Now, with VIN 5YJSA1CG8DFP16947, someone with more time on his hands than I might be able to verify or not - I can't remember where I put my VIN decoder.

If it IS a 40, however, well, you can include me out.

If you look down to the list called "Standard Equipment", and to its subsection "Mechanical"...the first item says it's a 40. Now, with VIN 5YJSA1CG8DFP16947, someone with more time on his hands than I might be able to verify or not - I can't remember where I put my VIN decoder.

The VIN structure has changed on newer cars but I believe for this vehicle the following applies:
Digit 8, Motor/Drive Unit & Battery Type:
C = Base A/C Motor, Tier 2 Battery (31-40kWh)
G = Base A/C Motor, Tier 4 Battery (51-60 kWh)
N = Base A/C Motor, Tier 7 Battery (81-90 kWh)
P = Performance A/C Motor, Tier 7 Battery (81-90 kWh)

I can't recall whether "40/60" vehicles got the C designation or the G designation once we started seeing them delivered.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep in mind that the http://www.teslamotors.com/models/specs page generally has the base model. As such, older versions of that page listed 40 kWh.