Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Online Survey on "connected car apps" for electric vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear Tesla drivers,

I am a graduate student at the UC Davis Plug-in Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Research Center (http://phev.ucdavis.edu) .

In our research at the PH&EV center, we are currently studying the impact of „Connected Cars“ on the attractiveness of plug-in electric vehicle driving. The term „Connected Car“ refers to vehicles equipped with an Internet connection and mobile apps from the smartphone world to interact with their environment.

At the moment, we are assessing how these mobile apps and innovative connectivity concepts can increase consumer acceptance for plug-in electric vehicles. To this aim, we are conducting a short online survey (10-15 minutes). It is open to everybody who is interested; however, we are particularly looking for EV drivers to answer our questions. In the survey, we will introduce you to four different connectivity concepts and apps and ask you a couple of questions about your respective opinion.

You could help our center a lot by participating in the survey via the following link:

https://www.soscisurvey.de/connectedpev

(In case you are wondering about the ".de" url: It is a German online survey tool that I have imported from my home country
icon_e_wink.gif
)

Furthermore, I would like to use the opportunity to ask you about your expectations towards mobile apps for EVs and encourage a discussion in this forum:

Which type of apps would you like to be able to use for your electric vehicle?
Which functionalities could improve consumer acceptance for EVs?

Thanks in advance,
Jens
icon_e_smile.gif

Hey folks,

Thanks to everybody who has already taken our survey!

Just a quick reminder:

Our survey is running for another 24 hours. We've had over 250 participants so far, but only 15 Tesla drivers. However has 10 free minutes, please support us and take part till tomorrow, 6 pm EST. We are now particularly looking for more Tesla drivers in order to analyze the response behavior of "long range PEV" drivers (unfortunately there's only one vehicle model in the market that fits in this category :) )

Thanks,
Jens

- - - Updated - - -

I meant to write "whoever" instead of "however" :)

That was one of the best online survey tool's I've seen. The ability to put comments on the answers can really help explain what's going on, especially if I think the question wasn't worded correctly or is off the mark. Please post the results here when you can.