Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Connect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been investigating charging options near hotels in New York between Albany and NYC and discovered a new charger in Poughkeepsie at the Marriott. It is on the Tesla-plugshare site but not the regular plug share site. The charger is "public" not exclusively for hotel guests and is a GE charger managed by a company called EVconnect. I called the company and they require registration with them and the use of their app to activate the station. Their website states the charge is $1.50 per hour with a $10 max. This is the first I have heard of EVconnect, anyone have experience with this charger or with that company? Seems crazy that all of these networks require their own apps/passkeys/accounts. Kind of like the days of only being able to buy gas at an Exxon if you have an Exxon gas card.

DFibRL8R

I don't know why its suddenly off Plugshare, but last week I saw that in New Paltz - just across the river from Poughkeepsie at the Frito Lay facility, they have 4-5 J1772 chargers. Plugshare had it listed with a picture of a guy charging his BMW i3 there. I believe its greater than 30 amps since they charge all electric trucks there. It's free too!

I'm going up there tomorrow for 3 days for the 4th of July and plan on charging a little there. Will let everyone know...

Aaron

PS - If you go to Chargepoint.com you can see that they are still listed there. 5 Level 2 chargers. They are NOT charge point units - so I believe you don't need a charge point card....

Thanks Aaron,
The Frito Lay chargers are also still showing on the Tesla.plugshare.com site but not the regular plugshare site. Not sure why there would be a difference in what is shown on the two. The Tesla Plugshare site lists them as not Public and looks like they are for powering some EV delivery trucks!?!

Not sure if your route will bring you that way but you're in the neighborhood, see if you can scope out the Level 2 chargers at the Residence Inn/Mariott at 2525 South Road Poughkeepsie.

Maybe they are HPWC chargers and as such not usable by non-Tesla EV's. It will be interesting to find out...

Apparently they are for reindeer charging!

evc-holiday-card-2013.jpg