Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question on the SC at Gilroy , CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While driving home from the factory Friday I stopped at the Gilroy super charger to check it out. I noticed about 4 chargers with front drive in slots but they were all marked reserved. Are these for Tesla employees or for public use? The others with back in slots were not marked reserved... just Tesla.

I use the Gilroy chargers fairly often and I've never seen any reserved signs on any of them. As markb1 mentioned, the four to the right of the power junction are the original ones. Although they say 90kW, I believe that all are now 120kW chargers. At any rate, the Gilroy chargers seem especially prone to charge rates that vary wildly. I've had the rate vary from 7kW at one charger to almost 120 at another. This seems to go beyond the typical variables of outside temperature or the number of charge ports in use. As far as the original question, I think that the "reserved" sign is probably "reserved for Tesla owners". Go ahead and use them. If you have any problems with the chargers, just call the help number. I was amazed that the guy I talked to knew when I got there, what stall I was in, the color of my MS, and much more. These folks seem to be on top of everything!

While driving home from the factory Friday I stopped at the Gilroy super charger to check it out. I noticed about 4 chargers with front drive in slots but they were all marked reserved. Are these for Tesla employees or for public use? The others with back in slots were not marked reserved... just Tesla.
Doesn't that just mean reserved for Tesla's?

Here are 2 pix. First pic - the new ones are on the far left opposite the current bank of SC's. In the second pic, it shows they are rear in configuration.
Gilroy 1.jpg
Gilroy 2.jpg

Reactions: Tam