Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPWC Extension cord solution for ICE'ing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't seen a Tesla extension, but I have seen a J1772 extension when used at a J1772 station.

This would not work for superchargers as it is not an extension for Tesla's connector.

You will need a Tesla connector inlet to create such a cable - in theory it could be made with a part purchased from Tesla and the appropriate cable, but it wouldn't be easy (at least until someone begins manufacturing a female inlet).

THAT is a totally cool system!!! Of course it is only good for 12 or 13 inch tires. And I wouldn't want to haul the movers around in the trunk when I travel.

They could have a set at each charging station, next to the fire extinguisher and first aid kid.

"ICEd up emergency kit - break glass, remove jacks from storage, and move ICE car to a non-charging location. Call Tesla for tow truck service to remove the ICE car"

I haven't seen a Tesla extension, but I have seen a J1772 extension when used at a J1772 station.

This would not work for superchargers as it is not an extension for Tesla's connector.

You will need a Tesla connector inlet to create such a cable - in theory it could be made with a part purchased from Tesla and the appropriate cable, but it wouldn't be easy (at least until someone begins manufacturing a female inlet).

Good point. Here is the part I saw... doesn't seem like it would take to much to modify it.

JMS: J1772 Socket to Model S Plug

- - - Updated - - -

This would be much better. I want a set of these:

Go Jacks... very effective

Last edited by a moderator: