Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla wanted for a photo shoot!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

My fellow photography colleague and I are planning a Bay Area model/Tesla photo shoot on Sunday, October 4th.

We have two locations that we'd like to shoot in:

1) An abandoned gas station on Treasure Island (think irony here)
2) An empty car garage in Oakland - the location can be seen here: On location: Oakland Garage, Danielle, Andrea, Heidi - a set on Flickr

We have one model already signed up (see Jessica at these links):

On location: Skaggs Island, Jessica & Brittany - a set on Flickr
On location: Mare Island, abandoned building - a set on Flickr
On location: Mare Island, Jessica & Stella - a set on Flickr
On location: Abandoned Oakland Train Station - a set on Flickr

We will be committing to another model as well. We may have a make-up artist to assist as well.

So what do we need? One or two of you owners with a nice Tesla that are willing to let us shoot with it for the day. Of course, you will be with the car to move it and chaperone it for the day. OF COURSE, we will use extreme care with your baby. We don't plan on having anyone sit on the car or anything like that. We love cars and we wouldn't want to do anything that you wouldn't feel comfortable with. If you are cool with it, maybe we could get some shots of the model sitting INSIDE the car...

Of course, you will get the best photos for your own usage!

Any takers? We are very serious about our commitments - we do what we say we are gonna do. I want to have one or two of you give a similar commitment to us for that day...

Please let me know interest, and perhaps we can discuss on the phone.

- Thanx
- Jon

Hi Jon,

Do you have pictures of the ironic abandoned gas station?

Since you did not mention payment, I assume you are talking a freebie here. Is the usage of the supplied photo unlimited?

Will there be food, water, restrooms and shade?

What time(s) does the day start and end?

Hi Jon,

Do you have pictures of the ironic abandoned gas station?

Since you did not mention payment, I assume you are talking a freebie here. Is the usage of the supplied photo unlimited?

Will there be food, water, restrooms and shade?

What time(s) does the day start and end?

Hi there, thanks for the reply.

I found a picture of the gas station (it's not my picture) Dry on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Yes, this would be a trade. No payment to anyone. All parties would be trading their time, services, etc.

We can bring water, no restrooms (but it's an abandoned location on Treasure Island - so, every tree is a potential restroom), yes on the shade.

We haven't determined a time yet. We are sorta flexible. Prolly start at 9 or 10 - end at 3 or 4?

I've put out feelers for a Ferrari or a Lambo too. If we get multiple cars, you can show up for part of the day...

- Jon

Last edited:
I've never understood the bikini model + car photos. I understand them separately, but together doesn't make sense to me.

However, if there's some good argument for how it will help promote electric vehicles, I could probably get Cathy to take a photo of me in my underwear standing next to our Roadster.

Let me know if that would help.