Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One Day of Ownership

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After one day of owner ship my new Tesla is even better than expected. I was concerned about a few things based on all the great info on the forum.

Seat Comfort - Driven about 4 hours and I really like them

Initial Quality - Perfect

No Center Console - We like the open space

Standard Sound - Fine by me - We really like slacker

Pano Roof in Arizona Heat - No Problem

Lack of interior storage - No Problem

Stalkers - 2 People already stopping out of the blue to ask questions

Cup Holders - Actually fine

AC Noise - Boy it is loud, first thing my wife noticed

We don't have a lot of HD stations here in Tucson, but I found you can select FM and then dial to a normal station ( for example 92.9) and then I think all I did was push the arrow to make it go to 92.9-1 (digital my music) or 92.1-2 (alt programming i.e. Smooth Jazz) You can see what stations have an HD signal at HDradio.com, then entering your location. Hope this helps.

I believe the sound the AC makes is normal, I was in Seattle this weekend and heard the same sound from another MS as it sat and "idled" and when you shut it down, there is a squirrel cage sound as the fans come to a stop. Both mine and the one I heard in Seattle did the same thing. On another note, the guy I talked to in Seattle had the rear window shade, It looks pretty nice and he said it helped his grandkids ride in the back. I may get it to reduce the solar loading here in Tucson. Haven't decided on which tint to get on the windows yet ( if any) Finally, I ordered the "heat shield" front window blind yesterday. Hope that reduces the heat load while parked, even though the AC does a good job cooling the car down when it's hot.

- - - Updated - - -

Not so dry today- the Dewpoint is up over 55- Monsoon's are about to arrive, then we got to try out the windshield wipers :smile:

5 day update.

Tinted windows, including windshield - really made a difference. Did not tint Pano not needed. The air conditioning works great.
Wife and I really like the seats (this is compared to a Acura MDX and Mercedes E Class) - I have never sat in a Mercedes S class.
Slacker is awesome - nice that it is built in and I do not have to mess with my phone
Pre cooling the car with the phone app is a great feature
Boy the car gets a lot of attention from strangers, my kids friends, neighbors etc.