Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Applications?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This appears to be only a customizable website - and not apps to run in the Model S. it's highly likely these apps will run on any web browser - not just in the Model S.

There's no contact information nor is there any identification as to who is running this website, nor are there any 3rd party certifications that the website is following standard business practices for managing private and financial information.

Plus, some of the early apps being provided are banking apps. If this is just a custom website - that could put at risk any account information entered when accessing banks through this website.

Until significantly more information is provided on the cabin control center website, it may be prudent to wait before spending money on these apps or entering any private information (such as credit cards, banking accounts/passwords, e-mail accounts/passwords, ...).

I purchased and love it.. I was also concerned about my bank info called the bank tech support me and the verified that the software was directing me to their web page an my info was safe... My suggestion is just don't get the bank app... I got the drawing app and my friends freak out when they see I can write, draw, and make lists in my tesla. And when I'm driving...

I purchased and love it.. I was also concerned about my bank info called the bank tech support me and the verified that the software was directing me to their web page an my info was safe... My suggestion is just don't get the bank app... I got the drawing app and my friends freak out when they see I can write, draw, and make lists in my tesla. And when I'm driving...

So you paid $25 a piece for "apps" that are free everywhere else??

I'd still advise everyone to stay clear of that website. Amongst other things, the shopping cart asks the user to select whether they have Model S or Roadster and also asks for the car VIN.

Wow. That site is packaging other publicly avail web services and selling them? Some of those sites being sold were developed by members here.

Haven't we all been entering urls into a browser bar for the last ~20 years?

I'm a bit disappointed that Tesla hasn't added any meaningful new functionality to that awesome 17" touchscreen since the car launched. Yes, there's been a few tweaks, but seems like there's a huge untapped potential with only a vague "coming in the future" reference to 3rd party app possibilities.

I'm a bit disappointed that Tesla hasn't added any meaningful new functionality to that awesome 17" touchscreen since the car launched. Yes, there's been a few tweaks, but seems like there's a huge untapped potential with only a vague "coming in the future" reference to 3rd party app possibilities.

The pace of software releases and the process of dribbling out updates are the only major frustrations I have with my Model S (since January 2013).

It appears last year they focused their software resources on basic car operations and battery/sleep mode management - which is understandable.

Now that the car operations seem to be stable, they should be able to start delivering on the expectations of improved navigation software (including updating the 2 year old maps), entertainment features, and 3rd party software apps.

I didn't want to buy this because of what everyone was saying. I did some research and checked that app site out again. apparently there is no cost now, and all the apps are way way cheaper than the ridiculously high prices they were when I first found it. I got just got it now (no banking info needed). So lets see how this goes.

here is the link if anyone wants it:

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't want to buy this because of what everyone was saying. I did some research and checked that app site out again. apparently there is no cost now, and all the apps are way way cheaper than the ridiculously high prices they were when I first found it. I got just got it now (no banking info needed). So lets see how this goes.

here is the link if anyone wants it:

Why would one pay for any of those apps in the first place?all accessible via typing in or creating favorites.

Is it even legal to sell links to other websites? And if the linked website no longer offers the service, won't you be out of your money with no recourse (given this site is only linking and not actually providing those services)?