Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA: Looking for car-wash recommendations in Oakland/Berkeley/Emeryville/Alameda area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've already had my Model S given the Opticoat Pro treatment by Joe Torbati at Orinda Auto Detail, so I don't need expertise that advanced. But Orinda is too far for the routine car washing, so I'm looking for some place fairly close to Oakland that will use proper methodology during a wash as not to damage the finish; e.g., a three-bucket hand-wash system.

(It's impossible to tell this from Yelp reviews because the reviewers don't demonstrate that they would know right from wrong in this regard, and I visited a highly favorably reviewed place and they were not using even a two-bucket system.)

Any East Bay recommendations from the Bay side of the hills, e.g., Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda, or Emeryville?

Thanks in advance!

I've already had my Model S given the Opticoat Pro treatment by Joe Torbati at Orinda Auto Detail, so I don't need expertise that advanced. But Orinda is too far for the routine car washing, so I'm looking for some place fairly close to Oakland that will use proper methodology during a wash as not to damage the finish; e.g., a three-bucket hand-wash system.

(It's impossible to tell this from Yelp reviews because the reviewers don't demonstrate that they would know right from wrong in this regard, and I visited a highly favorably reviewed place and they were not using even a two-bucket system.)

Any East Bay recommendations from the Bay side of the hills, e.g., Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda, or Emeryville?

Thanks in advance!

Probably won't help, but I personally use Autopia (multiple locations in the greater SF Bay Area...see http://www.autopiacarwash.com/) in Walnut Creek. They know my S, know how to drive it, do NOT run it through the tunnel (always an 'off line' wash). They pressure rinse, wash, compressed air and hand dry. Very good job and works great on my multi-coat red which Joe OptiCoated a year ago (...still looks fabulous). FWIW, Autopia charger $35 for a thorough off line wash. But a full month package (unlimited washes) costs $69.95. I get mine done 2x per week. YMMV.

Moderator note: Updated thread title to include region (CA: ).

Quick plea to posters ... if you are asking a regional question, not everyone worldwide will immediately recognize the city names as part of your region. Yes, they can check the subforum title, but it's easier on everyone if your thread title includes a little more info. (Not calling out the OP specifically, this is something the mods are constantly fixing all over the board.)