Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB: Roadster Black Forged Rims and Roadster stereo Double DIN binnacle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone has any of the above parts for sale, please PM me. I'm looking to change the look of my 2.0 Roadster. I want to switch to black forged rims (I have the silver forged rims). I also want to upgrade to a double DIN and install a Car Play compatible headunit.

Thanks.

I just had a double DIN kit installed in my 1.5 this week. Al & Eds has these kits available. It is the only place in the country that has them. I was lucky to have a local shop in OH that has a relationship with them and performed the install with a Parrot head unit. The kit, headunit, and installation ran about $1500.

I just had a double DIN kit installed in my 1.5 this week. Al & Eds has these kits available. It is the only place in the country that has them. I was lucky to have a local shop in OH that has a relationship with them and performed the install with a Parrot head unit. The kit, headunit, and installation ran about $1500.

$1500? Wow. That's a great price. I'll definitely go that route, but with a CarPlay compatible head unit. Now, just to clarify - were you able to get the install done locally or did you ship it off to West Hollywood and back?

Thanks for the info!

DoubleDIN pics... They did an amazing job on the USB port in the tray of my 1.5!!

8amu3y3y.jpg
e8yhyza9.jpg

Got the binnacle. Currently pursuing an aftermarket wheel solution. Thanks to all who replied.

Shrink, I have thought about changing to black wheels as well and a local place that does powder coating can do my wheels for about $500 so you may want to consider that as at least a back up option.

And to Strib, very nicely done. I will keep that in the back of my mind.

Shrink, I have thought about changing to black wheels as well and a local place that does powder coating can do my wheels for about $500 so you may want to consider that as at least a back up option.

I actually powder coated my silver forged wheels satin black about a year ago. They look really, really good. There is and old thread about it somewhere here with pictures.

I also wrote up an unofficial Double-DIN conversion guide. Strib, there are options, but Al and Ed's in West Hollywood might be your best bet. You have to track down number of parts, some of which Tesla will sell, such as the R and L center vents. I did find a CF shop in Ohio that can fab some parts including the new center duct you'll need and stereo frame. They can also cut your original dashboard. I have a full parts list in the unofficial Double-DIN conversion guide I wrote up. My local SC said they could do it, but labor alone was $5500.