Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loud feedback noise over speakers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone hear this before? When I went to search for a song through voice, I heard this rather startling VERY LOUD noise. It happened once, scared the crap out of me. I tested it, and it happened again. Grabbed my phone and made a video for the third time, and then it's never happened since.

Any ideas? Aliens?

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds like audio feedback as if the microphone is being turned on and output through the speakers. When that starts happening, if you talk, do you hear your voice come out of the speakers?

That was my first thought too. Anything you can think of that might cause that? Phone near the mic? Tinker with any wires up there?

"mainchick" = mic-check?

haha, nevermind, definitely this.

You guys make me laugh. Sometimes, you just want to listen to hip hop. I tried other songs too :p

I haven't tinkered with any wires. I don't think it's mic feedback, because it only happened as the song search was "loading".

Strange that it hasn't happened since. Glad I got it on video.

It happened again. This time after using my navigation by voice. I recently had the car serviced, and they removed a rattle in my dash (well, they removed most of them). Looks like another service trip is in order... 3rd in 3 months. At least we are O a first name basis!

I did notice (in the video) that you turned the volume all the way up while you were doing the recording, perhaps that is the issue? Tesla might mute the volume while you are recording (to prevent feedback), but if you turn it up, it overrides the mute?

Anyone hear this before? When I went to search for a song through voice, I heard this rather startling VERY LOUD noise. It happened once, scared the crap out of me. I tested it, and it happened again. Grabbed my phone and made a video for the third time, and then it's never happened since.

Any ideas? Aliens?

Is this video still available somewhere? I think I may have experienced the same issue, and I wanted to compare and possible send on to my service center.

Last edited by a moderator: