Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just Ordered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered mine 2 days ago. October delivery. My first house came with 14 acres of land, barn, guest house and cost 1/4 the cost of my TESLA. But then I was making 1/5 of what I was making before I retired. I'm replacing a Prius so gas savings won't be so much. Will be charging at my son's house who has solar. Didn't buy for the gas savings but rather the "greenness" and the geek tech. Can't wait!

Same in the UK, I have a Land Rover Discovery 4 at the moment, privately owned. Fortunately I also have my own company, a company Tesla is about 45% paid by the tax that would have gone to the government. Add on the fuel savings and I'm better off every month with a new Model S v's a three year old Landy. I must have gone through the maths a dozen times as I just didn't believe and didn't take all of the true costs of the Landy into the model.

By the end of the year I have a supercharger 4 miles from home, the longest from this (Warrington) to the next charger when heading south is about 70 miles. The end of next year only the north west of Scotland would make me nervous. Manchester council have also installed lots of 7kw chargers with a £20 signup fee the power is then free, handy for trips to the shops/mall.

:) And we wonder why America is addicted to oil.

Good move on the switch. In deep winter, can you plug in at work?
Not right now. Deep winter is usually 50-60 degrees here, though. I don't anticipate a problem.
My employer prides itself on being "green," so I'm going to suggest that they install 3-4 parking stalls with a place to plug in. Who knows - they might go for it...

- - - Updated - - -

Dayum. $650 per month. Will that be net of charging? If so, you will save almost $8000/year on the low end!

Charging will subtract about $175 from that savings (at least until I get some solar panels on line). So I anticipate saving at least $5700 a year, just on the commute to and from work. Adding in the savings from personal trips into town and back and I expect savings to get pretty close to the $8000 you mentioned. I expect to have over 300k miles on the car by the time the 8-year warranty on the battery expires. :scared: It will be interesting to see how well it holds up over that distance!