Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Marriott Crabtree Valley in Raleigh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

kendallpb

Model S: P 8061
Oct 29, 2010
MD, USA
Anyone used the EV charging here? Marriott's site claims "Guests at the hotels listed below can now charge their EVs using the “Level 2” charging stations." The night guy at the hotel says it's a regular 3-prong outlet in the corner of the parking lot, not an EV charging station.

The guy at the hotel should know, right? On the other paw, I've gotten bad info from employees for other things, so why not this?

PlugShare sez "EV Plug (J1772)," but if someone just entered it based on Marriott's site--with no first- or even second-hand knowledge--well, I've seen bad info on EV sites in the past, too.

So . . . anyone ever been there and know for sure? Thanks in advance. No rush/not a big deal. I'm guessing it is just a regular 3-prong outlet like the guy said, but it doesn't hurt to float a question here. ;-)

(With the superchargers, I'm not desperate for a charge, but I do charge some while in town. Charging overnight where I stay will be nice, even at 120v; I just want to set my expectations. ;-) )

I was in Raleigh a few months ago in a hotel without a charger but Raleigh has a very well maintained public charging system and spots are not ICE'd because they can be ticketed. I used the Wetlands one because we were staying in Garner and it worked great. Even if the hotel plug is a flop the public ones may suffice.

I was in Raleigh a few months ago in a hotel without a charger but Raleigh has a very well maintained public charging system and spots are not ICE'd because they can be ticketed. I used the Wetlands one because we were staying in Garner and it worked great. Even if the hotel plug is a flop the public ones may suffice.

Oh, they do suffice. I stay near enough to North Hills that I swing over there to eat/shop and charge while I'm in town; there're a couple of J1772 stations over there. A hotel I'm staying at is just more convenient. ;-) I'm impressed with what I've read of Raleigh's charging stuff, but most of what I've read is downtown I think, not near where I stay.